Khaos' RCSB Thread

chris, your not gonna mess anything up easily, for the most part once you have the long block together, it just bolts right in, and retune. done.,

I know, I take my time with stuff and triple check whatever reference I'm using, but the only motors I've build are 4 wheeler motors :crazy: this is playing with a lot more money haha. There are a few engine shops on Long Island that I've looked into just in case.

Would he be willing to paint some panels lets say black 41u :cheeky:

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

Paints expansive as fuck man, you'd honestly be better off going to a shop that gets wholesale or close to it for paint products. He gets a discount where he buys, but he's just one hobbyist, not a huge shop that buys every week ya know?

Paints expansive as fuck man, you'd honestly be better off going to a shop that gets wholesale or close to it for paint products. He gets a discount where he buys, but he's just one hobbyist, not a huge shop that buys every week ya know?

:okay: i know, my new fender hood and tailgate have been sitting in my garage for a month now too scared to get a quote from anyone gonna be expensive as hell

oH I was gonna say, if they were just primed and ready for paint it wouldn't be too expensive. Call around man and see what you find. You might be surprised.

Picked up my paint and other materials today. I started sanding my other set of mirrors too. I'm debating going to the drags this Saturday night for shits and giggles. If I do, then the bed is coming off the next day. If not, we'll be starting into it this week hopefully. Not much else to report besides wanting more money to build the 6.0.

I've decided on going with a 370. Stock crank, forged rods and pistons, p&p the 317s and maybe have them milled, still undecided on that part. Then it's just getting Pat G to specific me a cam and have it ground.

Sounds simple when I type it, but it takes way more money than I have to start it right now :crazy:

Dat trade plus ass eh? :naughty:

Nah, I'll pass. Don't know what diseases are in the Dirty Jerz

:cheeky:

BIG UPDATE TIME

Alright, so I've been slacking on updates and uploading pictures lately because, well, I'm lazy :crazy: So here's everything from about a week ago til now.

Sanded my other set of mirrors for paint

IMG_20130721_131017 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

In primer

IMG_20130721_164042 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Mostly done masking the bumper plastics for paint, they're all sanded as of now

IMG_20130721_203812 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Decided one day off from work to redo my cluster leds. I left the original leds in there and added an led strip around the whole thing. I also scraped the blue off of the back of the overlay so the all white leds could shine through

IMG_20130722_140450 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Then I decided to fix my HVAC leds also. Only one lit up, so I tackled those. I, stupidly, used a test light instead of my multimeter and ended up popping the power "wire" on the hvac board :rofl:

IMG_20130722_153938 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

So I soldered a little wire jumper

IMG_20130722_155029 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

All done!

IMG_20130722_201801 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

IMG_20130722_201807 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

IMG_20130722_201816 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Only bad part is, my passenger side now blows heat all the time when the fan is on :turborofl: probably fried something else on the board. So I'll replace that one day too.

Last night I started to disassemble the 6L because I was bored and wanted something to do for a bit. I got as far as needing a 3 jaw puller for the balancer/damper, so that's where I stopped for now.

IMG_20130728_121150 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Today, my dad and I started on dent removal (finally).

Welding on the pins to pull out the dent

IMG_20130728_125639 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Pulled and grinded, pulled and grinded again and this was the product

IMG_20130728_140658 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

I wanted to just leave it like this :crazy:

IMG_20130728_141341 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Sanded down the bondo

IMG_20130728_160010 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

Primed

IMG_20130728_160937 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

IMG_20130728_161613 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

IMG_20130728_161637 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

IMG_20130728_161622 by chris.farragher, on Flickr

We primed it just so no oxidation would form. We still have a little bit of bondo work to do on the dent. Then we'll shave the stake holes, fix the bed rails on both sides, flip over the bed and notch for the rear end, fix where we rolled the fenders, undercoat the bottom of the bed, then spray the bed. Overall the dent took no time to knock out which was good. I expected to spend at least all day just getting the metal back into shape. Overall from starting to grind to finishing the primer today, we were only at it for 4.5 hours which isn't too bad :imo: We should be doing a little this week and a lot next weekend when my dad is off again.

:hng: everything looks so good. how easy was the cluster with led strips? and est time on when all the other painted pieces are supposed to go back on?