Khaos' RCSB Thread

Thanks, I can't wait. Especially to get the dent out after a year and a half :crazy:

Few other things I have planned, like led strip in my cluster to have even light, rear sway bar, redo the coating on the frame. And some other stuff I can't recall right now lol.

Haha I know I know. We have to clean out the paint bay as it is storage for a ton of stuff right now. Replace the plastic, filters, and wash the ceiling, walls, and floors to get the dust out. Then we can pop the bed off and start going to work.

Just to add to the list of things to do, I went and picked up an 04 LQ4 today :rofl: 37,xxx for $400. One piston is bad, so I'm debating to either just replace the one piston or go with .030 pistons and make it a 370.

Plans are almost a full rebuild, cam, TBSS intake, bigger tb, long tubes, port the 317s and maybe have them milled a tiny amount, springs, pushrods, lifters, rockers, trays, oil pump, water pump, and all the other little misc goodies that add up to a shit ton of money.

7u9u8yva.jpg

ydupybe6.jpg

You can see the bad piston here and some slight scoring on the wall of the cylinder.

u3a6a3et.jpg

Probably shoot to have it done by next summer if funds allow. I've been looking up stuff on Texas speed and summit, it adds up quick that's for sure!

Last edited:
so you spent 400 on an engine you cant use but cant fix your dent? :crazy:

That's why I said add it to the list of projects haha. We have to clean up our garage, it's packed full right now. Then we can get going with paint.

Probably what I'll end up saving for.

So what's the plans for transmission, T56 eventually?

Yes, that's the plan for that. No speed shifting this 5 speed. Though, it will hold up to the power no problem.

I was gonna ls swap my old S10 before I got rid of it. Definitely would've been a fun little truck.

This is gonna be a fun learning experience for sure. I have tons of reading and research to do so I don't go messing anything up haha

My dad paints, so its just a matter of cleaning out the garage bay that he paints in and getting the bed off.