Khaos' RCSB Thread

Re: Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

Nga I hibernate in the winter, of course I'm pale now. I'll fake tan before the next meet and dress like pauly d, would that make you happy?

no, i hate jersey shore, i only like jwoww, lol

your like pee wee herman

pee_wee_herman.jpg

Putting in my 2* pinion shims this afternoon

Dat tooned by MJE sticker

Where my ubolts reach after the shims. Looking up new, longer ubolts now along with new shims. 2* wasn't enough to eliminate the vibration, so ordering up some 4* ones tonight.

Also hacked my exhaust off right past the muffler, gonna weld a turn down on it tomorrow. It was hitting the axle in the stock location over bumps. I also noticed while under the truck that I need to notch the bed cross member above the rear, there are marks of where it has been hitting. I'll get to doing that when I pull the bed to fix that shit.

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

Putting in my 2* pinion shims this afternoon

Dat tooned by MJE sticker

Where my ubolts reach after the shims. Looking up new, longer ubolts now along with new shims. 2* wasn't enough to eliminate the vibration, so ordering up some 4* ones tonight.

Also hacked my exhaust off right past the muffler, gonna weld a turn down on it tomorrow. It was hitting the axle in the stock location over bumps. I also noticed while under the truck that I need to notch the bed cross member above the rear, there are marks of where it has been hitting. I'll get to doing that when I pull the bed to fix that shit.

I have to cut a lot I shit too, bed cross member, gas tank crossmember, and some other one, when your getting vibration is it all the time??? Or just under acceleration? Mines bad when I get on it hard from a slow speed, and slight vibration when I gun it from 50+

68+ is when it starts when under a load, then it is constant around 74+. These 2* shims pushed it back to starting at 75. I hope the 4* shims I ordered eliminate it.

I should probably raise my x member and exhaust, but that is down the road a ways.

Well I sold the NNBS 17s I had for a good profit, so I won't be running those.

Got the exhaust finished up yesterday. Definitely more drone now that it is dumped right after the muffler.

I also took the sand out of my bed to see if that doesn't help my bottoming out problem. If I don't hit nearly as much, I'll put off getting helpers for a bit.

Some pics from this weekend after finishing the exhaust. Don't mind the different piping welded together, it doesn't have to look pretty so long as it doesn't leak :crazy:

And without the 300+lbs of sand in the bed, driveway is a little sloped towards the nose, that's why it looks raked out

I haven't bottomed out at all, so I'm sure it was the weight of the sand doing that. I'll hold off on helpers for now and concentrate on a rear sway bar & tires for the 20s

I need to weld a little turndown or something myself, mine was doing the same thing, pipe sat maybe a half inch above the axel so ANY bump hit and sounded like shit

I would suggest going with a longer muffler if yours is still stock. This 18" drones a lot now that it is dumped there.

True, I just hacked mine at a angle, no turn down, drones bad, sounds bad, but it's all I could do at the time, I've been driving the g8 in the mean time so IDGAF