Khaos' RCSB Thread

Re: Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

Yeah but I won't get them in til next weekend when I head home from school.

Got the 4* shims in this afternoon with 2" longer ubolts from SD Truck Springs. Definitely helped with the pinion angle vibrations I was getting. I ran it on the highway up to 100 and it only started with slight vibrations above 90.

Overall I'm happy with how it is right now as I won't be going 90+ mph often, if at all.

I'm gonna keep the ss 20s and run them this season I think. I'm ready to put some real wheels on this thing :crazy: Other than doing that, a rear sway bar will be bought at some point and paint for the bed & color matching. That'll be it for this year on my budget.

Not unless I buy tires tomorrow morning and put them on :okay:

After I get my tax return that'll offset the cost of part of the tires. I hate not working much right now.

And tires are between:

Hanook Ventus 12 255/45-20 for $636 + shipping from tire rack

General Grabber UHP 275/45-20 for $580 + shipping

I'd love to spend more but I can't afford to right now. I've had general tires on my lowered S10 and I like how they handled, and I've heard the Hanook's hook up well also.

Any suggestions on which size/tire to go with?

That's what I'm leaving towards, I just know a few people run 255s on oem 20s like Brandon.

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

I've only seen one set in person, Jared's , looked pretty good, not too skinny
Here's my old truck on 255s I didn't like em, too skinny IMO
04898088-522C-4C61-9040-DE79415C7FAC-311-0000003E924CCE22_zpsdde27f37.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I'm gonna order center caps and lugs tomorrow, then wait for my return to come in to get the meats

I also noticed that where we shaved my gate the bondo underneath over the patch cracked :( no clue why it would do that, we painted it in July/August when it was warm. That'll be redone with the bed. Til then I'm not too concerned with the paint.

I might convince my dad to do the whole truck, there are small nicks on every panel just about. That's up in the air though, cost is a big part of that.

Yeah, I don't know enough about paint/body work to figure out what happened.. Maybe when we take it down to the metal in that spot we'll figure it out. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Got center caps and lugs on the way. My dad is dropping the 20s tomorrow to have the general grabber uhp's put on. :success:

Now to wait for less shitty roads to run them.