ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Won't be going on the truck at least until late Friday at my present pace.
Glad I am getting them done though. I don't want hold ups.

Paulins already told me to slap my PYO's back on it and bring it in for alignment when ready.
I'll make some adjustments to tie-rods to get it as close as I can to bring it there when the time comes.
Still PLENTY to do on this build though.

Idea from conversation in that Fapbox. lol
It needs another row or three...
NBS Lightbar behind bumper for show?

OK.. headed out for lunchbreak soon, moving tires and rims to Sullivans.

I had that exact same bar on my s10 when I was 16 except it was mounted on my dash against my windshield. It was reverse wired to ignition and my aftermarket alarm. Whenever the truck was off, the bar would run. Like an "armed" alarm light but bigger. Didn't pull enough juice to kill battery. I thought it was the coolest thing ever back then. Looking back it was pretty gay lol.

Atleast the shop was honest with you about it and didnt say sure why not and then fuck the wheels up.
Fucking this. Had a shop say they could unmount the at's from my preds last year and they fucked up 2 of the rims and wouldn't take responsibility for it. Shitty shops piss me off.

I had that exact same bar on my s10 when I was 16 except it was mounted on my dash against my windshield. It was reverse wired to ignition and my aftermarket alarm. Whenever the truck was off, the bar would run. Like an "armed" alarm light but bigger. Didn't pull enough juice to kill battery. I thought it was the coolest thing ever back then. Looking back it was pretty gay lol.

holy shit this is awesome. I would have loooooved it when I was 16.

Primarily because lightbars had not been invented... nor lightbulbs..

Rims and Tires are at Sullivans. Glad we unpacked and inspected them. I didn't see any lugs :uhoh:
I assumed they shipped with them! Everything else is present and accounted for.

Took a long lunch and did some work.

Torsion bars wiped down and hit with metal primer.
IMG_20140917_132402505_zpsodwlwsx5.jpg

Torsion bar cross member, grinded some rough spots, wire brushed and rinsed with cleaner. Slathered on some primer.
IMG_20140917_132335391_zpshb6ff1jo.jpg

This gives me a good headstart into this evening's work.

Holy $#!&

Tims and tires are already done. Just got the call and they left me a message. "Slicker than snot" was the description of the process.
Will be picking them up after work and just staring that them while I work on truck tonight.

*sigh*

Gotta find those lugs.