ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Haha! Yeah I am in love. I am glad I picked a simple design..because I never want to pay for these again.

Connor : Let's bang this lift out in one day!!!! I failed to mention that day is about 286 hrs long hahaha!
It's coming along good though!

Last edited:
High Temp Clear on dust shields
IMG_20140911_175530467_zps9eovoimp.jpg

Removing scale and rust for paint
IMG_20140911_182404614_HDR_zpskhxcg1eq.jpg

IMG_20140911_182955273_zpsj5dq5sqj.jpg

Dunno about that.. but it won't rust out while I am alive.

Last of the Cognito bits are showing up today, along with the new idler / pitman which was holding up the installation.

I will also note [someone mentioned earlier] that I can upgrade to hoop & UCA shocks, but I felt it unnecessary at this time. So it won't exactly be a show truck (might be in this neck of the woods) but still a great ride.

Last edited:
Maybe I will just go in the opposite direction. Run a lead right up under the center of my hood and get a big F@#&ing hood ornament doubling as an antenna? :rock:

lol

Anyway, should be able to crank for a few hours tonight after I finish painting I can crawl underneath and just turn wrenches until sleepy time.

Cleared Shields on the new Hubs.
IMG_20140912_195235546_zpsoak1wytr.jpg

- painted the centerlink and tire rods flat black, waiting for them to dry.
- painted the diff housing flat black and the rest safety red to match my CV axles.
*Not sure if i am diggin' it yet. Need to wait until I get it cleaned up.
I'll just paint over it flat black if I don't like the custom look.

I also installed the new cam bolts, and started sorting the parts needed for next step.

I'll get an early start.