ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

glad to hear the af's shipped! I'm stoked to see them. Also, when I replaced my uca's, I went ahead and replaced the hardware (caster/cam plates and bolts) because it was only ~$20 per side and I'm glad I did. It looks much better.

here's the link for the kits

RockAuto Parts Catalog

Pulled out the swaybar links, steering rack, CV axles and differential for cleanup.

IMG_20140909_184736981_zpsech3i9gk.jpg

IMG_20140909_184803239_zpsz032co86.jpg

I got the CV Axles and Links cleaned up and coated with metal primer.
The differential and rack was doused with degreaser and left to sit overnight.
I then realized that I might have brand new links that came with the new swaybar...
Oh well.

I might go back out after dinner and see what else I can throw together.
It's getting dark a lot faster these days.

Also order new bed bolts (M12X1.75X120)and Moog chassis cam bolts/kit

Last edited:
I'm looking around for a supplier right now. Must be something that can do the job in this one-horse town.

I really hate it when I go into NAPA or O'reilly's and say, "Well, we can order that for you?"
Welcome to the interwebs where anyone can order it themselves. I usually find the part and suitable
parts via cross-referencing faster on my smartphone than anything they can do on their 'terminal'

/rant

Last edited:
We carry aluma bright in stock at oreilly lol. And most of the time by "order it" they mean it's at another store and they can have it that day or the next day. If you want I'll give you a part number you can give your local store and see if they have it.

Sent from Tapashit

We carry aluma bright in stock at oreilly lol. And most of the time by "order it" they mean it's at another store and they can have it that day or the next day. If you want I'll give you a part number you can give your local store and see if they have it.
Sent from Tapashit

You need to visit Maine. It's like a different planet. lol PM me stock number thnx.
Don't want to carry on in my thread. I'll clean all the conversations up later.

Done for the night.

- Swaybar end links and CV Axles [except for boots] are topcoated safety red. Another coat tomorrow if need be.
- Grinded down the Centerlink pictured above
- Grinded down the Differential yoke and bracket. More to do tomorrow
- I'll be painting everything with metal primer tomorrow night if I can. Not sure what the topcoat color will be.
Waiting to see the finished CV axles.

I'll hit everything with angle grinder and paint. Should look good.
I still might paint the differential housing even though it cleaned up.

Picking up Rims today - they will be coming in this afternoon via Freight truck.
Also some other parts arriving via ups.. not sure what they are lol. Too much in transit.

I am going to take next Friday off. I will get a big jump on this tomorrow night and Saturday 1/2 day.
I plan to have this finished next weekend, leaving only the frame painting to do on the back half.

Paulin's Tire in Portland. They are a full service shop and did a great job on my Boss 338's.
I expect the 35" tires to be easier then those low profile tires.

They might leave some clamp marks on the backside.. but they do their best to minimize it.
Either way, for $100 bucks.. they do a good job and don't bang up your rims.

Sullivan's Tire in Scarborough can do it as well. They have good equipment... I might go there instead.

I'll get them mounted in the next couple of days.. won't be on truck until after I get alignment.
A lot of front end work.. I doubt this thing will go down the road straight :security:

Last edited:
i think i speak for everyone when i say...... :skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet::skeet: