Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

If you don't bottom out leave it and get helpers when the budget allows imo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thanks guys. So after driving it around for a while, I've determined the back needs to come up. Simply put, it just bottoms out way too much. I have some bumpstops rigged up to work for now, but it still smacks hard more than I would like.

b4bfd17dbed20ba5ddfcbc7502271951.jpg

With that said, I'll be ordering some drop shackles this week. When the time comes for helpers I may lower it back down, but right now it needs to come up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Leave them in until you notch, pretty sure you'd rather metal/rubber touching instead of metal/metal.

or....notch it. :slap:

Just don't drive it till you get the notch.

Keep the lean. Notch, fool.

Notch vato

Notch it or we'll disown you :truestory:

:cheeky:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Notch it.
Point taken. I'll give it a few more weeks before I do anything. It's not bad at low speeds, but up over 45 is when it gets rough really quick.
the "Budget" part of this build is REALLY kicking in right about now
Sure is. Don't have any truck funds at the moment and the wife keeps trying to cut off spending :nono: hopefully I can slip out some tax money to throw at it jn the spring.
remove bumpstops and you shouldn't bottom out as often
See below
Leave them in until you notch, pretty sure you'd rather metal/rubber touching instead of metal/metal.
Definitely leaving them in. They are actually foam, so they soak up the majority of bumps quite well. High speeds is where they completely compress and dont do much good. Without them I'm constantly smacking frame, even at slow speeds.

So looked under the back again today and determined a notch is a no-go. I currently have 1" clearance between frame/axle and only 1.5" between the tire and wheel tub. To me, the notch just isn't worth it for only .5" of additional travel. To really take advantage of the notch I'd have to tub or get new tires, neither of which are in my budget or in plans for the truck.

Moving forward, I'm definitely planning on some helper bags. There are two main kits I'm looking at right now.
(1) MCG Helpers - $400 - completely bolt on and will definitely work with the flip kit. Unsure on the capacity of the bags.
(2) AirLift Helpers - $230 - completely bolt on as well, but might require modifying the lower bracket to work with the flip. Bags have a 2000lb capacity.

Right now I'm leaning more towards the AirLift kit simply due to price. Modifying the lower bracket doesn't bother me since I work in a machine shop and could fab a new one up if needed.

Finally got a chance tonight to install the chrome handles I got from pat. They were actually easier to put in than I thought. Hardest part was getting the door panel off and getting it back on the right way. It got dark as I was finishing up, so this is the best pic I could get.

7d7c555f00e12a2e986c63f21ca4b926.jpg

1dc7446e7de07c736951cd257e906766.jpg