Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Appreciate it guys. Mines dirty, just can't tell in the pic. Been raining off and on the past couple of days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Finally got the belltech offset bushings in today and they made a huge difference. It's close enough for me since I shouldn't wear through tires now.

b1a2075ef6f0827dd333b33d0ae4725f.jpg

Also went on and ordered some lift shackles that will go on as soon as they get here.

Pretty long winded update, so please bear with me.

I've been doing alot of thinking about the truck over the last couple weeks. I absolutely love the way the truck looks right now, but that's about all it has going for it at the moment. To be quite honest, it rides like a hay wagon most of the time. Not sure if its just the roads or if its the components I used, but its pretty rough. Its gotten to the point where I almost don't want to drive it at times. I even end up with a sore back after some trips. I know the back needs a notch, helpers, etc. but the front is pretty bad off too. The angles are pretty extreme and I feel like if I hit a bump the wrong way that I'll bust a ball joint or a tie rod end.

My Fiancé has been very patient with me on it, but is finally starting to complain about it. She always picked at me for it being low, but the rough ride really bothers her now. What's worse is that we are in the truck 90% of the time when we get out. We also have people in the back fairly often, so its making it extremely uncomfortable for them as well.

What does all of this mean? I had a decision to make. I thought about bringing it back up to 3/5 or even back to 2/4, but after being at 4/7 I wouldn't be happy with the height. I know it would most likely fix the ride issues, but I just wouldn't be happy with it. That left me with one other feasable option - going back to a level. I made it very clear to my fiancé that if I lifted it all the way back up, the steps would not go back on. She was fine with that, so it will be going back to a level. I know some of you all won't agree with what I'm doing, but it seems like the best move for me. When it boils down to it, this is still my daily and our main family car. All I want for the truck is to be clean and simple. When I started chasing various issues and looking at what I was going to have to do to make the drop work, I realised I was loosing sight of my true intentions for the mods I was doing.

With that said, this time I'm going about leveling it a bit differently. Here's the updated plans for me to keep track of it all.

Adjustable bilstien 5100's for the front - ordered
Bilstien 5100's for the rear - ordered
Lift shackle instead of rear block - ordered
.5" upper strut spacer - waiting for install
33's of some sort - TBD

I should have all of the parts by wednesday, so if I can get the time I plan on tearing into it all on Friday to have it done for the weekend.

Damn that's to bad! One of the cleanest static nnbs I've seen, for real. Looks great lowered. But it looks great leveled too! I feel you when it comes to ride quality .. had four people in my truck at 5/8 the other day and let's just say I might as well have no suspension at all lol. Good luck with the plans man

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Even though I'm disappoint, I 100% agree that you need to do what you need to do since it's a family vehicle. I'll still have a lowered pic as my phone background regardless lol.

Went on and ordered some Rough Country UCA's as well, so that will help get some more travel too.

Makes me glad I just went ahead and decided on staying 2/3..

u gotta commit to what HAS to be done when u go that low. He didnt and thus, hes going up.
I'm gonna have to agree with Eddie here.

I quite honestly got in over my head on lowering this far. I had pondered the idea for a while and had an unbelievable deal come up on a kit. I didn't do enough digging beforehand and ran into more than I was ready for. You live and you learn I guess.

u gotta commit to what HAS to be done when u go that low. He didnt and thus, hes going up.

This. Either all in or all out.

Sucks to see Dean. The truck is so clean now but I don't blame you. Gotta make it comfortable to drive. There was a point when I was gonna lift mine up because the ride was so bad up front. But luckily changing a few parts and going with heims sorted out all my issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In the downtime, lets talk tires for this.

From the little bit of searching I've done, it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of options when it comes to aggressive 22s. In 33x12.50r22 it mainly looks like M/T's. Although I like the look of them, I feel like they are way too aggressive for my needs. On the flip side in 305/45r22 it seems like the main offerings are street tires or very mild A/T's.

How much of a drop am I really going to see in mileage if I go with an M/T? (Gears are 3.42) Are they going to be really noisy compared to an A/T?

Is there anywhere that has a good selection online to look at them? Are there other sizes I should be looking at or tires I should be staying away from?

305/40 coopers. If I'm just looking, eBay seems to have a good variety since it's so many different vendors. As for gas mileage I have no idea what a 6 speed acts like on bigger tires but I'm assuming you'll be seeing around 13-14mpg mixed if it's anything like a 4 speed.

Sent from my iShit using Tapafuck

I like coopers. Solid AT. And bang for the buck. No reason he shouldn't at least consider them.

Sent from my iShit using Tapafuck

My toyos are heavy AF. When I ran the coopers they wore great and didn't have near the noise and my toyos. Granted I'm comparing an agressive MT to a mild AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk