Dean's '11 Crew Cab Budget Build

Picked up the upper strut spacers tonight. He ended up getting a better deal on drop parts, so he didn't buy mine.

What should I do, put on the belltech struts set at +2 with the upper spacer, or try to find a good deal on bilstein adjustable struts?

Damn you Photoshop! When I met the guy for the strut spacers, I finally got to see the 2/3 stance I was wanting. He has basically the same truck, just an 07. Shopped it since I was bored and I'm so torn now....

c3f5623986f06f0cd7dfa95742f3fac0.jpg

I think it would look great. But then you'd want more, so might as well just do a 4/7 off the bat :cheeky:

Eh, don't want too low. After seeing his at 2/3 I think it will be plenty low enough. Don't really wanna mess with a flip kit anyways. Cool thing is that the guy has a shop and will help me do it all.

Really been racking my brain over this so I've been doing some more shops of the drop. Here's a different angle.

Leveled
16515606996_40b6403400_b.jpg

Dropped & destepped
16355350339_71141937f7_b.jpg

What do you all think?

I would go that low but I still don't know on a flip kit. Would I be able to flip without completely cutting the bumpstop off? I want to be able to put it back to stock if I ever ended up selling it.

What would be the best option for the front since I already have 2" drop struts?

Edit: if I go off of my current measurements, if I go 2/3 I'll be at 34" in front and 35" in rear with a 32" tire. That only leaves 2" and 3" fender gap.

Last edited:
2/3 looks weird. 2/4 at least but I vote 3/5. You can still always put it back to stock. A flip kit is not hard at all. Especially if dude has a shop. You can't think about it too much or you will keep talking yourself out of it. You will just have to try it and see how you like it. Keep your leveled parts incase you decide you don't like it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well I've just about decided I'll go low regardless. Were planning on doing his drop (3/5) and mine at the same time, so I'll get an idea of how it looks. If I end up wanting to go lower after, I'll pick up spindles and a flip kit. Just don't have anymore funds atm.

Fak, Still so torn on this. I may go on and put the upper strut spacer in to see how I like that before trying to drop it. Were getting a bunch of snow right now and its reminding me of some of the reasons why I went back to a level.

I vote stay leveled. More versatile imo. Keep the 2" leveling kit + adjustable Bilstein 5100 struts and it'll ride almost like stock. ***notice I said almost bc still leveled and still not gonna be a perfect ride lol

Putting back to stock to sell is almost pointless with just a drop and wheels imo. Not gonna gain much more from the parts. I vote 3/5.