Daniel's Denali

You guys are all way too scared about the driveshaft and shit. Lifted 4x4 is no different than awd. My shaft spins all the time too with a 6" lift and no problems. That being said, don't be gay and spend the 1600 on a 7" fts over that crappy 4" level and a body lift. Would rather have a full lift and flat angles than a truck cranked to shit with a body lift to clear 22x12s

You guys are all way too scared about the driveshaft and shit. Lifted 4x4 is no different than awd. My shaft spins all the time too with a 6" lift and no problems. That being said, don't be gay and spend the 1600 on a 7" fts over that crappy 4" level and a body lift. Would rather have a full lift and flat angles than a truck cranked to shit with a body lift to clear 22x12s

You want 4", 2.5" level + 1.5" bodylift. Paying $1600-3000 for 4" kit is absurd.

Yeah the CST is definitely way more than i would want to spend for a 4". I just dont think i want to go with a full lift

Been there done that. At your age, no offense, youd probably love having a lifted truck...i know i did. After years of driving and maintenance/repairs i got tired of it. If i could have returned my old truck to stock/leveled without too much work i would still have it. The 2.5+1.5 option really is one of the best options for a DD imo. Drivability just goes out the window once you go 6"+ and having to dump money into it just for it to be enjoyable to DD, i.e. Gears tune etc.

2.5+1.5 is still enough to stand out in traffic and have a badass wheel/tire setup.

Been there done that. At your age, no offense, youd probably love having a lifted truck...i know i did. After years of driving and maintenance/repairs i got tired of it. If i could have returned my old truck to stock/leveled without too much work i would still have it. The 2.5+1.5 option really is one of the best options for a DD imo. Drivability just goes out the window once you go 6"+ and having to dump money into it just for it to be enjoyable to DD, i.e. Gears tune etc.

2.5+1.5 is still enough to stand out in traffic and have a badass wheel/tire setup.

now i can say this aswell, been there done that. Fuck a lifted DD lol

Ope, ya my b lol I took the daddy joke out to prevent bullshit in Daniel's thread. Wasn't aware of yous being buds. Carry on then :crazy:

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Ahhh thank you someone said it. I have always thought this. I guess I'm the only one my age that also thinks that if I threw a 7" on this truck, sure it would look badass but it wouldn't even be the same truck. I would probably start having problems and shit. I've almost put 10,000 miles on the truck already in 3 1/2 months so I definitely don't want a huge lifted truck when I drive so much. Honestly I think zebs setup is perfect, in terms of looks. I don't really see where the $1600 is in that FTS 4", if I had the money hell I'd probably do It. I'd rather have a still really clean looking leveled truck that drives awesome and will last for a long time, then have a 7" or so lift. I just don't know what I need to pull off 22x12's without lifting.

I personally think you should just get a FTS 15", it's more economical

Then, get 15x14s with 44" Super Swampers

But forserious, pulling off 22x12s without lifting won't be hard, just get a 1.5" BL and you should be pretty good besides trimming

next mod IMO. help with dat lean.

school-bus-mirrors-1.jpg

I had to trim for factory x9 wheels on 33x12.50's and 2" spacers... Fuck x12's on 33's lol

Sent from Tapashit

Well I've been there and had both. If you do anything other than city and hwy driving, a leveling kit will destroy front end parts. I put on the lift to clear 16x12s and 305s, which I could have easily done with some trimming, but I'd rather not have to trim to clear wheels. No matter what you do leveled or lifted it's going to wear out parts. Stock is the only way to keep front end parts lasting a long time. That being said leveled looks really clean on a wide setup, until you get up close and see the fenders all hacked open and hear it rubbing everywhere when you try to turn, that gets old really fast

true, if the fenders are modded right i like it though (which i am not hacking fenders to look like shit on a denali). i just like the leveled look, as i do lifted, but lifting can get expensive and i dont have tons of money. andrew should i get those mirrors and colormatch? would be clean and retro as fuck :redneckwtf:

here are some exhaust vids. first one is cold start up early this morning

6.2 spintech cold start - YouTube

6.2 Denali stock take off - YouTube

6.2 Denali Sierra start and drive spintech - YouTube