Dakota's build thread

Shaved gate and a new double din here pretty soon..maybe some wheels if I find a good deal if not I'm gonna hold out a while, really been wanting to tune it too

Shaved gate and a new double din here pretty soon..maybe some wheels if I find a good deal if not I'm gonna hold out a while, really been wanting to tune it too

I vote shaved gate, double din, etc first since it looks good on the 17's and only settle if you find sweet wheels cheap.

Yea that's pretty much the plan..ill only buy wheels if the deal is too good to pass up double din will come for sure though

Fuck, every time I come look at this thread I want to drop trok instead of lift. Plz delete thread.

P.S. What size dem tarz?

:cheeky:

Definitely want a double din, hate how they are so pricey

I know, they are high but I'm tired of my stock radio lol

Fuck, every time I come look at this thread I want to drop trok instead of lift. Plz delete thread.

P.S. What size dem tarz?

:cheeky:
Don't even come in here talking like that if you are really gonna drop trok, you're playing with my emotions :crazy:
Tarz be 245/65/17z

Cleaned and de-screened my MAF sensor lastnight and holy fuck this things runs like a new truck now :lol:

Currently waiting to get my taxes done
72E09E7A-993F-4A44-A3ED-202879AFA947-732-000000BE8E532062.jpg

I know the picture sucks, iPhone front camera through a window so :bird:

Its a huge no no from what ive heard... be prepared heard they screw the engine all up and it wont run right.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

It'll get built then :lol:

We did it on my dads old 99 Camaro that was daily driven and raced and he drove it for a few years without problems so I'm not gonna worry too much about it until I notice it acting weird

I removed the screen from my 99 over a decade ago and have had no problems.

:shake: did a little research on ls1tech and most guys were saying that they never had any problems either and not everyone will have problems with it..basically it filters the air somewhat and keeps the airflow smooth so the MAF sensor can get a consistent reading

Last edited:
de screening wont hurt the motor, it will hurt the trans.

basically it allows the air to be more turbulant causing incorrect readings. those readings lead to less line pressure for the trans making it burn out the clutches, or to much line pressure making it bang into gear.

I would much rather replace it with a brand new AC delco, then descreen.