Cornell's 2007 GMC Derpamax Build Thread

Full length center console, redo my gauge pod and incorporate a Denali upper center console bezel, 2 sundown se12s, 3 amps, storage area and make it somewhat factory looking with cup holders, switch panel, etc.

Some stuff for the rcsb showed up today but nothing exciting

tumblr_m6wm6kkjwW1ryn3zjo1_400.gif

:yuno: Why tease by saying "stuff"!!!!

U going to vynal wrap or paint console?

perect. Just plastidip it and call it a console. Sic modz

i would srs buy this truck one day if i could import over the boarder lifted shizz

i miss my white deezel

lulz, you can't buy lifted trucks? I'll hide my AR in there too for the right price :cheeky:

Figure I'll have over 100 hours into the console when I'm done easily. My extended cab was ~35 hours but there wasn't the detail in that I want in this.

Pretty sure things will be done a couple times until I'm happy.

The carpet was so clean until I got in there with my dirty shoes

/facepalm

I don't want to see the cones when sitting in the truck but making 2 12's downfire is going to be a PITA.

Good thing I have plenty of time to be a putz.

holy fuck, how did I miss this with the buckets, I was just discussing doing this as well. I can't really think of a good way to make my 10 work without moving my seats, and I would rather not. I will be following this, and please add any details that will assist me. I want to do a box in the rear between the two buckets and try to do an OEM style box or console.

for sake of asking. If you put 2 seats in the back like matts. could you place a 99-02 console in between them, if you didnt care about stereo?

Or would it be to long and stick out toward the front console to much?

Yes you can. I have the rear captians as well.

It would be a lot easier to do a single 10" than a single 12" but I have two. My subwoofers are going to be mounted where the cubby would be on a 03+ console downfiring. Will take many pics though.

My design was for a single 10" forward facing (somewhat for asthetics), ported, to spec, trying to keep with the oe contours, and a cupholder. Now youve got me thinking on downfire. I think you should make a simple sketch of how yours is gonna be set up, its kinda hard for me to picture.

My design was for a single 10" forward facing (somewhat for asthetics), ported, to spec, trying to keep with the oe contours, and a cupholder. Now youve got me thinking on downfire. I think you should make a simple sketch of how yours is gonna be set up, its kinda hard for me to picture.

I had it drawn with dimensions in sketchup but my computer took a dump.

20130104_193721.jpg

20130104_193733.jpg

3 layers of chop mat in, letting it cure overnight. Stuff doesn't set up as fast in a 68* shop. Should have mixed my batches with more hardener.

20130104_212420.jpg