Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

Just seems rigged as fuck to me I understand u got welder and brake issues so u gotta do what u gotta do but personally dnw

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

Patience is a virtue I guess... imo I would wait to weld some steel in and not use aluminum but if you absolutely had to I'm sure you could...

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Patience means not working on the channels until almost march.

People build floors and firewalls of race cars out of aluminum. I don't see where it would be rigged or hacked because of that?

I guess the bed floor, firewall and floor in my uncles pro street truck is all half assed.
Whatever I guess I'll wait. Not doing it and tearing the truck back apart to do I again later.

It's not any worse than beating your firewall with a hammer to clear your wheels. People do that all the time and many don't say anything about that.

Just rivet the aluminum in to get you by then weld the sheetmetal overtop of it when you get the time. Leave the aluminum in there if you're worried about rust.

Half assing a truck is not the material you use, it's how you use the material. I would rather see you take your time with aluminum than rush through welding steel.

:shake:

Why would a still weld sheetmetal over it? It doesn't get seen and if it's for rigidity sake, wouldn't thicker aluminum substitute for that?

Pro street truck is not fucking body dropped truck
Don't compare the two

Pro street truck is not fucking body dropped truck
Don't compare the two

I don'tsee how they're different except his truck is a lot more powerful and older. the front is on airride and it does have the floor raised and the cab lowered which iirc is body dropped?

:shake:

Why would a still weld sheetmetal over it? It doesn't get seen and if it's for rigidity sake, wouldn't thicker aluminum substitute for that?

Welding in sheetmetal is stronger than riveted aluminum. However, if you get some of the epoxy the new silverado bedsides and shit are held together with, you wouldn't really need to do anything over with.

I understand what your saying about the pro street truck and if its good enough for a pro street truck then it's good enough for a road truck.

Do what you have to do man just do it the right way. Using aluminum for channel is no different than adapting fiberglass bedsides to a metal box like stepside beds. Channel doesn't really have much structural support.

It's different because most of the bed floor and tubs are probably aluminum right? Or did he just rivet a little section of bed floor in with aluminum

Both. The cab floor is all aluminum and the bed floor is steel minus aluminum wheel tubs and aluminum sections where the roll bars go through to the frame in the bed.

That actually makes sense for a pro street truck let me put it to u this way.
Try and find someone who will say that riveting aluminum in instead of welding in steel is the right way to go patch the floor leaving your particular issue of not having the proper equipment out of the equation

It's one way and it may work and you gotta do what you gotta do but it's still not the right way

Sent from a secure terminal using the HD classified network

asuhusu3.jpg