Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

Nice! I look forward to seeing more progress on that truck. SCSB HD is just sexy.

My baby saw snow for the first time today.
Plans are to finish drilling holes on KP
Flush tranny crossmember
Clean up and adjust links a bit
Maybe cut tubs (:

a6amazy6.jpg

gaqybyqa.jpg

After the new year, ill hopefully get shoulder deep in laying out my buddies avalanche, so that will keep my urge satisfied.

Not really. It may have a little bit softer ride behind, maybe. But all in all in front/on top/behind axle all share the same characteristics I think when they are on the axle.

Last edited:
Bag on axle is a straight 1:1 stroke to lift ratio. Also provides the best towing ability because the weight rating is 100% what the bag is rated at. Also provides the worst ride of the 3 setups. Still better than any static suspension but bag behind axle and bag on bar is better.

Bag behind axle provides a softer ride than bag over axle while still allowing for good towing capabilities.

Bag on bar provides the softest ride and allows for much more lift than the other set ups. The closer the bag is to the frame mount of the lower bar, the higher your stroke to lift ratio. The downside is that it cuts down on towing ratio as well.

This is the whole purpose of doing different setups. You choose a setup for what you plan to do and the room you have.

Put the bags off the axle but in front will have a different ride than being behind the axle. When the truck accelerates the weight off the truck shifts back and pushes against the bag. If its in front of the axle, as the truck shifts back the weight will push down on the front of the axle and you may feel an unnecessary vibration from the driveshaft.

Last edited:
Last paragraph man. Added that right after I posted initially

Will you just write a book already? I hope to one day have as much knowledge about this kind of stuff that you do. Eastman seems like he's coming up fast as well.

Quick question, I'm cutting off the tranny supports from the frame so it'll sit flush, did you guys leave the piece actually welded to the frame or how did you go about removing that?

Cody is young as had some great skill. He's not too proud to ask for help when Questions come up and thats going to take him to far in this line of work. Knowledge just comes with time and hands on work. Reading everything you can and just being around other people.

just remove the tranny mounting bolts on the bottom side of the frame and weld the bracket to the inside of the frame and cut the excess off. Didn't have to do it to my truck because it was early enough 2000 that it had a flush tranny Camembert already.

Me and le whip the first time she's layed.
yra9anuj.jpg

0 psi
2e8yhubu.jpg

Lift at 100 psi
ymyvevyp.jpg

Don't mind the shitty cutting. Left my body saw 80 miles away at a friends house so I was stuck using a cut off wheel.

I'd actually really consider flying Brett out here to help me, and by help, I mean do most of the work! I'm still tossing the idea around about bagging mine. I don't want to go extreme, but not cheap either. I'd rather do it right the first time...this time! Once I go 4/6-8 I will get a better feel for being actually low and if it just doesn't suit me, and funds allow, I may start nabbing parts. I really need to go through this thread one day and read it all over. I hate camber, so I would probably just get the control arms from the get-go. I would have to decide what rear setup is best for me. I don't really tow, but want that option open, but really want a good ride.

How important is the lift you gain? I mean, if your goal is to be low, what does the lift really mean besides ride heights? I just want to start getting a better idea.