Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

Brett had a two-link.

What bags? Bag over bar is a very soft setup since its usually a 2:1 setup. So airing the bag up a half inch will equal 1" of lift. So if you're wanting to ride low you'll need some very firm/stiff shocks. Also the way they mount the bags it tends to make the bushings wear quicker than if they were mounted on the center of the bar. Converting would be pretty easy. My friend has a two link on his obs but his bags are behind his axle and his doesn't lay out all the way. He doesn't have any issues but he only gets a few inches of travel. Not enough to really change the pinion angle like the bag over bar setup will

Thor bros makes great parts but they usually take forever to make them and they're not the cheapest. I paid $329 for my kit from nfamus. If I would've known about nfamus when I first started mine I would've went with their 99-06 kit. Best kit for the price imo.

2 link Is for the birds. Solid axle mounting FTL.

It cost maybe $50 more to make it a parallel 3 link setup and you get every advantage of a 4 link or wishbone set up.

2 link Is for the birds. Solid axle mounting FTL.

It cost maybe $50 more to make it a parallel 3 link setup and you get every advantage of a 4 link or wishbone set up.

Which is why I said I'm gonna convert it later. Y u no read mayne?!

Which is why I said I'm gonna convert it later. Y u no read mayne?!

it will cost more to change it later than doing the from the beginning because you'll have to redo the lower links because in a 2 link, they are solid mounted to the axle. it's not as easy as just adding another link.

it's redoing the lower links and then adding another link.

starting from scratch, it's only about $50 more to build a parallel 3 link than a 2 link.

Y U No understand Mayne?

I fully understand everything involved my homie. I also fully understand that 2 links aren't the best. But in my particular case, 3 link alone would have cost me $350 more than my ENTIRE truck. That's really the only reason I did it. That and my truck isn't a daily so I'm like whatevs

I was originally gonna do a fuel cell and triangulated 4. But that didn't happen. In retrospect, had I known that if I would have waited 6 more days I was gonna have mucho es' monies, I woulda waited and did that lol. It's whatever, I can always change it

I was originally gonna do a fuel cell and triangulated 4. But that didn't happen. In retrospect, had I known that if I would have waited 6 more days I was gonna have mucho es' monies, I woulda waited and did that lol. It's whatever, I can always change it

shoulda returned it for the tri-3 since they are taking 2yr to ship it to you

Isn't that jeebus character on a 2link?

yeah, the 2 link is a very basic setup and when the suspension cycle is kept in a small range it is okay. the problem is when people don't.

I had terrible luck when my s-10 was 2 linked. It's why I try to steer people away from running a 2-link. it's a cheap route to run and you get absolutely no advantages in the operation of the suspension.

I could probally use a 2 link as ,you cant tell my ride height from laid out
But why use it,when i body my truck i will be riding at all heights
Needless to say i love me 3link,should have par4linked it now since im going to make alot of power in the next few months
Life story...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

shoulda returned it for the tri-3 since they are taking 2yr to ship it to you

That's the damn truth. Called today and they said should ship tomorrow. That makes 15 days.....
Probably would have had all my stuff from Thor Bros and been halfway finished by now

Last edited:
That's the damn truth. Called today and they said should ship tomorrow. That makes 15 days.....
Probably would have had all my stuff from Thor Bros and been halfway finished by now

That's actually quick. Thor bros took 3 weeks to make one 3" x 3/4" adjustable end for me. And then 5-6 weeks to make some lower 2x2 bars.

That's actually quick. Thor bros took 3 weeks to make one 3" x 3/4" adjustable end for me. And then 5-6 weeks to make some lower 2x2 bars.

Holy shit. Extensive made my whole front kit, drilled my spindles and slow boated my shit to butt fuck Alaska and it was only like 4 weeks, and that was during sema.

yeah, the 2 link is a very basic setup and when the suspension cycle is kept in a small range it is okay. the problem is when people don't.

I had terrible luck when my s-10 was 2 linked. It's why I try to steer people away from running a 2-link. it's a cheap route to run and you get absolutely no advantages in the operation of the suspension.

Thanks, I obviously know nothing about air suspension, but really think I might bag my crew cab. Nothing crazy, no body drop etc. I want something classy, clean, simple yet effective

kp components imo.

I agree. After I had the bed off, I installed the whole kp set up in about 4 hours taking breaks.

Depending on what wheels you wanna run you can always just run cups up front. The ekstensive kit is nice, but it's expensive and time consuming and you have to run 4's or bigger.

Been thinking about possibly bagging the rear on mine for now, until I can afford a custom setup for the front so that the 4wd is still functional..probably won't be real soon but just been thinking about it