Bagged NBS Thread (99-07c) Pics & Discussion

imo, raised gas tank is hit and miss. ive seen first hand in person, where a guy raised his gas tank it cleared. same guy raised some other gas tank and it didnt clear.shit is hit and miss. dunno why.

I raised mine 3/4in (as much as I could without doing anything major except for notching the cab) and I cleared with the stock trans x-member. Might be different now that Ill be laying hard though.

Also, mods/admins can raise PM limit if you request.

when i raised mine, i raised the back one to the top of the frame, and the front one with a 2" square tubing and it still wasnt high enough. i think the gas tank swells or something. ive never understood laying hard, its basically either layed out on the frame or not, correct?

On nbs trucks the frame at the back allows the truck to rock back and pick up the front crossmember. It took me forever to figure this out. It's more obvious on rcsb.

As far as dragging through the tank, you can raise it plenty but if you do a lot of Cali when driving, the back of the tank will hit before the frame.

when i raised mine, i raised the back one to the top of the frame, and the front one with a 2" square tubing and it still wasnt high enough. i think the gas tank swells or something. ive never understood laying hard, its basically either layed out on the frame or not, correct?

Come to think of it, I dont remember how much I raised mine...but it was as much as possible.

When I say 'laying hard' I just mean that I was laid out previously on stock x-member and tubs, now Ill have tubbed fenders and firewall and raised x-member; I will lay frame flat, not just parts of it lol. Its kind of an ambiguous phrase I guess.

On nbs trucks the frame at the back allows the truck to rock back and pick up the front crossmember. It took me forever to figure this out. It's more obvious on rcsb.

As far as dragging through the tank, you can raise it plenty but if you do a lot of Cali when driving, the back of the tank will hit before the frame.
yea that would be where over notching comes into play correct? mine probably was 1/8" off the ground when layed out.
Come to think of it, I dont remember how much I raised mine...but it was as much as possible.

When I say 'laying hard' I just mean that I was laid out previously on stock x-member and tubs, now Ill have tubbed fenders and firewall and raised x-member; I will lay frame flat, not just parts of it lol. Its kind of an B]ambiguous [/B]phrase I guess.

easy with the big words lol:crazy:

yea that would be where over notching comes into play correct? mine probably was 1/8" off the ground when layed out.
Correct. Most people over notch. I over notch and then add bumpstops to sit right as the frame lays. This insures that my tank will never drag

Brett, Whats a good length for the upper wishbone length? One that won't mess with the pinion angle too much. I'm having Nfamus make my lowers at 28.75" when they're adjusted all the way in. They'll be at 29 or 29.25 when the wheels are centered in the fender.

me8y5ygu.jpg

I sure wish my bags and stuff would come in. Running on 2 weeks now and they haven't even shipped yet

Yea 2 link. Partly cause thor bros were taking too long, partly so the forum could actually have someone with a 2 link and be like "fuckitnamesayin" and third because nfamus was only doing free shipping. Ekstensive saved me like $350 almost $400 smacks. I can convert to 3 link later.