2piece driveshaft

Re: 2-pc driveshaft

Ya backing out on the body drop. I'm currently bagging it. I should be receiving my Nfamus 3 link kit next week and shipping my control arms in so Taylor can design some new mww arms with jeebus joints for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

2-pc driveshaft

Keeping 4wd functional? If so very interested to see the setup..do want to bag mah shit

2-pc driveshaft

450E67D3-C37E-4BAF-A306-A9B6089D771F-7166-000006E3F2CB50C2.jpg

For you guys wanting driveshafts just go to car-parts.com and enter the info like I did but change the year and zip code. Then on the next page select a extended cab 143.5" WB(wheel base) with a AT(auto transmission).

Why change year?

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

just found these pics. to me this lookks like the factory crossmember flipped upside down
crossmember.jpg

and this is a 1x3 with a 3x3 on top of it. i like this set up cause i did notice the exhaust pipe is gonna be right in the way. so ill have to figure out what to do with that. the 1x3 may be thin enough to slide under it.
IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

lol wtf post pics
im confused on setting pinion angle and how high to put carrier bearing?

phone took a shit earlier and the new one is messing up. you'll want the carrier bearing at the same angle as your transmission iirc. carrier bearing height depends on your transmission angle.

well got my crossmember ready to bolt in:crazy:
0126132205.jpg

0126132206.jpg

0126132206a.jpg

got some dimensions from a member on gmfs

i will make a thread with all the info ive gotten once i install the 2 piece. assuming the salvage yard has one(which i think it will) i should be installing in 2 weeks.

Re: 2-pc driveshaft

i will make a thread with all the info ive gotten once i install the 2 piece. assuming the salvage yard has one(which i think it will) i should be installing in 2 weeks.

I like where this is going...

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

ive gotten so tired of searching for fuckin threads on the internet about all this shit. from 2pcs in gm crew cabs to how the geometry of a 2pc in general works. seems like they are way more of a pain to adjust then the 1 piece.

how much different is what? the 2pc in an ext vs a cc? not much. its not the problem of being diferent size but same size trucks. the problem is with a 2wd ext you have a starting point. all you need is a carrier bearing kit and adjusting the rear end. compared to a cc or ext 4wd, we're starting from scratch. seems like to me the front shaft is an extension of the tailshaft on the trans. rear end is suppose to be equal but opposite to the trans, which will make the rear shaft meet in the middle....I THINK?

front part same angle as the transmission tail shaft, second part after the carrier bearing will be where you change the angle of the shaft.

Got one. 55 bucks or so.
0127131520.jpg

So I put my cardboard template under the frame and at 38.5 inch long it fits right in between the frame rails. Think I'm going to add 2in on each side and cut the 1" lip off if the inside of the frame rail so it sits inside the frame rails.also with a 1x3 base it clears a piece of exhaust under there that 3x3 wouldn't clear.