2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

Can't hear over skrait pypez.

Sounds like a bent dust shield. Jack the front of the truck up, spin the tire and see if it's touching anywhere.

Definitely try this..had a similar problem a while back, pulled the wheel off to find the dust shield barely touching the rotor..shit drove me nuts

Wow thanks for all the advise y'all. Much appreciated.

It's deff coming from up front bc if I go over a speed bump I only hear it from the front. My hitch clangs in the back but I'm not worried about that lol

Marc-never took a wore brush to anything lol

I wd40'd the shit outa every thing tonight and it's not AS bad but it's still there. Literally used an entire 11oz can lol. Every bolt/bushing they had up front. I will deff check out the dust shield though. I actually thought about that earlier when I was textin col 10. Lol it started when I put the lift on so it's something from that. This squeak is driving me mental. :yuno:

Sent from Tapashit

Take it back to whoever put the lift on and tell them to fix it

It's been doin this for the last 8 months. We couldn't find exactly wat it was. Sounded like the ball joints but I guess it wasn't that. I wd 40'd the shit outa everything and I can barley hear it today. Only does it on a big bump or pot hole. So maybe it worked a little bit :shrug: but I will check the dust shield ASAP.

Sent from Tapashit

LOL. we don't want to I down that path.
His lift install was an entire saga itself.

If I remember right they installed his crossmember backwards and just left his compression struts hanging there

Crossmember was not installed backwards and compression strut was not left "hanging" there. It had a bolt as a spacer, but I got that fixed way back in April.

In other news, I FOUND THE FUCKING SQUEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn dust shield is touching my spindle.

Sent from Tapashit

Well the dust shield theory didnt work... :rage:
Don't know wtf it is but I give up on trying to find it. Idk what else to look at.

Anyways, got the 4.5" block in. Sits perfect IMO

Sent from Tapashit

Finally doing a cai for Christmas. I know most people will just say do the airaid tube but I want a full system. Was looking at banks, bullydog, s&b and volant bc they are all closed. Thoughts? I'm leaning on the s&b and bully dog bc of price. Also, should I go dry filter or oiled?

Sent from my fuckin iPad

Always get a dry filter if you are going to be anywhere dusty. oiled filters only work good in on-road vehicles.

Always get a dry filter if you are going to be anywhere dusty. oiled filters only work good in on-road vehicles.

So pretty much get dry no matter what to be safe lol. Guess that only leaves volant and s&b left.

Sent from Tapashit