Important!: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT build thread!

Only reasoning for the TBSS was I could still use it to haul stuff/pull a trailer/boat/jetskis and still have a fun to drive mod friendly ride then have a beater civic or something for bad days/sketchy ass hospital parking lot.

We'll see, again appreciate the feedback. Until then though I'll just keep an eye on your thread and maybe hit you up more about yours when the time comes :shake:

Haha, that I don't doubt but I'd prefer not to have a hitch on a G8. In all honestly I have several rides at my disposal I could tow with if needed and at the moment I honestly don't have anything to tow.

So, what stall is recommended? I am considering a Coan, Circle D or Yank.

Minor head work? I don't want to buy heads, and do not want to send them off for a full work.

I think I have my cam chosen. But still undecided for sure. 225/238 .612"/.585" 113+3

I did not take that picture, this is what was sent to me to get my opinion. I guess his cell phone doubles as a pizza cutter!

Powerbond udp install

POWERBONDKIT_1.jpg

Last edited:
I also got a hold of a Snap-On scanner, boy are those fuckers nice as shit! We did some digging around but didn't see anything odd. Last CEL through at 4385rpm. It was getting late and I had a few beers so I didn't want to go down the backroads trying to get it to throw another code. Tomorrow I'm going to get the scanner and see if it will throw the P0300 again, and see where it is having the issue.

On a side note, I had a weird metallic clank at start up, like something knocking for a few seconds, then it would go away. It gradually got worse, and I assumed it was just my x-pipe hitting a heat shield or something. Well, after installing the underdrive pulley, I haven't heard it once! I moved the car twice today out of the garage and not once has it done it. So I will monitor that. If it was the harmonic balancer, I assume it was so warped it was hitting something at start up idle. I never heard it once I had been driving and came to a stop...weird!