Important!: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT build thread!

12733972_10206941863923519_924369085442825016_n.jpg

Stainless and heat causes the discolorations on the headers. I would just wash them and then go after them with like 0000 steel wool and a metal polish to lightly abrade and clean the surface, you'll see whan the stainless color comes back, but they will turn brown again when you use them.

Last edited:
yeah, my last two sets have discoloration, these are just a tad worse than my truck after 3 years. Although his car was a strictly race care 1000hp with who knows how many passes, etc. I figure why not clean them up while they are off?

that pic doesn't show the headers really well. There a little surface rust too. I want to clean it all up and make it purdy

Last edited:
have you gotten ceramic coating quotes yet or is that completely out? Shouldnt need much work if you want them to look good before sliding them in tho...plus u can probably just do the top half of the pipes since you cant see them really once installed

But didn't you bend the camaro wheels that were on it before too?

Edit: Can't go back and check either because none of the pictures work now.

I am on camaro wheels, there's only one bent wheel, same one hit has always been. There's a slight leak, and I just found out it's the wheel, not the tire or stem.

Alright. Got some changes coming soon. Going to be finding a set of wheels soon. Ordering coilovers and doing a brembo upgrade. Hopefully all this OT can support my mods.