Important!: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT build thread!

No real issues yet. Couple trans errors but after clearing them they stay away. Some solenoid code has popped twice while making a hard wot pull. Trans guy said not to worry. So I cleared and went on. Happened twice about 6 months apart.

Other than that my only issue is keeping tires on it and whether or not to swap to a bigger cam to match the stall

I'm curious if you think the under drive pulley is worth doing or not? I need to redo the front main seal on my engine and its got me thinking now.

I don't know about the G8 world, but I know the subie guys generally say they see no noticeable gains from doing a UDP.

You don't notice them, but dynos show 5-7 ish so yeah it's worth it. No more wobble and a few hp rather than none with a stock HB.

I don't think anyone will actually legit notice 5-7.

1 7/8 full kooks. Should be able to clean them up nicely. Suggestions on what to use?

12742402_10153826095246352_7554660727993489683_n.jpg

971_10153826095606352_7710752280058987233_n.jpg

I won't be using that axle back, I have my Solo Performance J pipes that I will be using instead. I am selling my headers and piping and adding an X pipe and these straight pipes that he has, as a full kit to someone in our G8 group. Or trading it all for a new snap on electric impact. I figure my setup is worth around $600 or so.

I thought about it, but I dont want to spend the money coating them to be honest. SS is fine here, and I am ok with them not being perfect. I just figured I would clean them up before tossing them on. They look awful in the picture.

I would have them media blasted and leave them alone. I prefer the raw ss over coated any day and a media blast will make them look like new.

I would have them media blasted and leave them alone. I prefer the raw ss over coated any day and a media blast will make them look like new.
looks wise SS is better than coated, but coated is better in every other category

I thought about it, but I dont want to spend the money coating them to be honest. SS is fine here, and I am ok with them not being perfect. I just figured I would clean them up before tossing them on. They look awful in the picture.
in that case would get some purple stuff degreaser from home depot spray it on heavily and just power wash them