Offical Dog Pic Thread

couple of vids of the flirt pole. I will be cutting it in half and making two, and making it a bit shorter, the other one will have cow hide or a scrap pair of denim/

Should replace the thing on the end with a human arm so they get the taste for blood. Should have epic results for the neighborhood children.

566d1334786043-offical-dog-pic-thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334786037.183628.jpg

Here is my Irish Setter, Penny. She is a little over 4 right now and has as much energy now as she did when she was a puppy. She had phneumona (sp) when she was a pup and for 2 weeks she was on her death bed and not eating. She was hand fed basically baby food and now the dog is tough as nails and gets into anything and everything. She jumped on my dresser when i was knocked out after surgery and ate all my damn pain pills, has found chocolate candy in a room dresser drawer, and anything else and acts like nothing is wrong with her haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334786037.183628.webp
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334786037.183628.webp
    25 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous dog! I want one of these or a lab when I graduate, just don't know if a husky will do well in North Ga...

Had one here along time ago in Tex. Was real hard on him, dug up the yard trying to get to cool dirt to cool off when he was outside. Gave to a friend with alot of land that made him a full inside dog but had room and a pond to run and play around. Said he did awesome.

Had one here along time ago in Tex. Was real hard on him, dug up the yard trying to get to cool dirt to cool off when he was outside. Gave to a friend with alot of land that made him a full inside dog but had room and a pond to run and play around. Said he did awesome.

Mine would mainly be an inside dog as well, probably just take him outside in the mornings and evenings during summer. We'll see, it'll be a while, gotta find a job and figure out if I'm gonna live at home for a while or get my own place pretty quick.

Gorgeous dog! I want one of these or a lab when I graduate, just don't know if a husky will do well in North Ga...

A buddy of mine had a Husky and lived in Tifton GA (deep south GA). The heat was rough on him, they had a small pond on their property and the dog would always be in the water trying to cool off. They don't like the heat what so ever.

Mine would mainly be an inside dog as well, probably just take him outside in the mornings and evenings during summer. We'll see, it'll be a while, gotta find a job and figure out if I'm gonna live at home for a while or get my own place pretty quick.

If its mainly an inside dog then will be fine, we tend to let our dogs out for an hour or so at a time to let them have fun but with the husky, the heat was just a bit to much.

A buddy of mine had a Husky and lived in Tifton GA (deep south GA). The heat was rough on him, they had a small pond on their property and the dog would always be in the water trying to cool off. They don't like the heat what so ever.

Yeah, Tifton's a long ways south of where I'll be at by that time so he/she might do fine.

Is GA hotter than Texas, because there are a ton out here, and my mother had one.

South Ga might compete, but North Ga has got to be a good bit cooler

If its mainly an inside dog then will be fine, we tend to let our dogs out for an hour or so at a time to let them have fun but with the husky, the heat was just a bit to much.

Yeah, he/she'd be inside while I'm at work most likely anyway. Just take em out in the morning and in the evenings. Might have to figure out a doggy door or something, idk how long a dog can go without going to the bathroom

i dont see the need for outside dog, and actually find it cruel unless you have land and a nice setup for a dog to lounge and stay out of the heat. Having pit bulls I am more scared of someone harming them than them causing harm, they stay in unless we let them out to play.

i dont see the need for outside dog, and actually find it cruel unless you have land and a nice setup for a dog to lounge and stay out of the heat. Having pit bulls I am more scared of someone harming them than them causing harm, they stay in unless we let them out to play.

No one mentioned keeping a dog outdoors full time.

But i do agree, thats what i do with mine. My dog prefers to go outside do her business then is ready to come back inside within 5-10 min max no matter if its as low as 40* or as high as 110* or anything in between. She would rather be inside.

I didn't quote anyone and go on a rant, just giving my thoughts! I think having an outside dog as a "pet" is stupid.

That being said, my dogs love to bask, and stay out most of the day while we are home...but one is white and gets burned, so I bought sun screen for her, if the dead summer is too much, I will restrict her.

My cousin nearly lost his dog last year due to heat stroke, it wasn't his fault, the dog has separation anxiety and flipped her shit. She knocked over her water bowls and was unable to get water.

Learn from others mistakes, it cost him $4k to keep her alive, she was never the same. He got rid of her a month ago for snapping at kids, go figure, he has a pit bull in the house and she is fine, the mixed mut bit kids...take that pit bull haters!

Last edited:
How do you post vids from photobucket from your phone? I wanna post a vid of my bestfriends two brother pits playing. Sounds about like to grizzly's fighting over a fish but they are harmless even with a 1 year old baby in the house the lay by her and lick her and if she moves the watch her to make sure she is ok. I love pits.

^That's why I want a female dog, they're great with kids. My best friend has 3 little brothers all <6 yrs old and I hope to have kids in a few years

I don't base it off gender personally, the dog I spoke about that was biting was female, my male is actually my most calm dog. Just depends...

Josh, you got the PB app?

Or just log in to PB and copy the IMG tag and paste it here

I don't base it off gender personally, the dog I spoke about that was biting was female, my male is actually my most calm dog. Just depends...

Josh, you got the PB app?

Or just log in to PB and copy the IMG tag and paste it here

That's true, I guess every dog is different. It's always just been females I've been around that are best with kids