My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

so a friend of mine is interested in buying my bilsteins and it got me thinking about resi's or maaaaaybe doing a custom coilover setup like Jesse is doing. Truck still rides like a western wagon and I know it's because it's cranked but I'm stuck between keeping the truck leveled and grabbing cognito uca's and resi's or coilovers and hoping for a better ride OR getting a 4" rcx and resi's but then I know I'll want wider wheels. :chin:

Don't waste your time and go right to the lift with flatter angles. Get some good resi shocks, don't crank, then save for wheels and tires. Your current setup will look just fine while you save.

A lift with the current wheel tire setup will look fine for the time being. Can't remember the members name but he had a blue nbs rcsb with a 6" rcx X 10 preds & 33's. Looked just fine.

Don't waste your time and go right to the lift with flatter angles. Get some good resi shocks, don't crank, then save for wheels and tires. Your current setup will look just fine while you save.
kinda what I'm leaning towards
A lift with the current wheel tire setup will look fine for the time being. Can't remember the members name but he had a blue nbs rcsb with a 6" rcx X 10 preds & 33's. Looked just fine.
i think I know the truck you're talking about, name was like spivey or something
i had the 6 inch lift with 33s on x10s. it looks fine. and stop throwing the 4 inch lift idea around, just get the 6
I just think the 6" decranked will have bad rake. And I'd prefer a little less height and more width. I guess I could just order 3 or 4 inch blocks in case.

thanks for the input guys. I'm really digging the idea of the lift with fox resi's and eventually 20x12 havoc's. I love how a 14 wide looks on these trucks but the havocs don't come in x14 and I don't want to try and stretch these tires on a 14.

atv should be sold this week so I could order the lift and possibly the resi's. Do y'all know if the track width increases with rcx?

o fok lol

bumping the plans list...finna be busy this winter

lift
fox resi's
20x12 chrome/pvd havoc's
replace windshield
retint with 35% windshield
c/m lower valance
billet grille
led tails/cargo light
new headlights
5000k footwells
replace all 194's with 5000k vleds
tan suede headliner
new steering wheel

cai
34" radiator + efans
possibly longtubes
4.56 gears + truetrac front and rear
tune

o fok lol

bumping the plans list...finna be busy this winter

lift
fox resi's
20x12 chrome/pvd havoc's
replace windshield
retint with 35% windshield
c/m lower valance
billet grille
led tails/cargo light
new headlights
5000k footwells
replace all 194's with 5000k vleds
tan suede headliner
new steering wheel

cai
34" radiator + efans
possibly longtubes
4.56 gears + truetrac front and rear
tune

Do coil overs. Ditch torsion bars, keys and crossmember. Easier and much better looking. You could do Walker Evans/King/Fox/Icon coil overs with Resi's is you must have a Resi that you dont need what so ever. (comes from my sled/ATV backround with piggyback/resi shocks).

-Get 6" RCX & 4" block.
-Your X10 preds & RCX increased track width will be very similar to levelled stance, with X12's. Get 1.5" rear spacers, roll with it, until you get X12's.
-Get a Spectre intake ($120 bucks) & a good K&N Filter ($45).
-BB or dyno Tune

Last edited: