My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

I've come to a hard decision with this truck. It needs some serious attention soon. brakes, alignment, rust work, needs re-geared, motor is still making a weird noise (kinda think it's an exhaust leak but I know some of the manifold bolts will snap when I try to pull them off), tune, A/C work, and then I could begin upgrading it. It's not like I bought a shitty truck that was nothing but junk, yes I overpaid for it but it was 90% what I wanted when I bought the truck. I had been driving mom's suburban for a month and was ready for something of my own and didn't look this over well enough. I found this and had just enough cash so I went I got it.
NOW, I have a offer for exactly what I payed for it from a kid in Monroe, LA. He's just trying to sell his truck first. IF I decide to sell, I will be looking for a 2006/2007c 2500HD crew 4x4 with the 6.0 gas motor and of course it's one of the hardest trucks to find in decent condition in TX. My brother has basically the truck I'm looking for but it has 137k miles and it's the LT1 package and it needs a 1-2k in repair. I know a lot of you want to give me shit about this but I've already heard enough. Please don't be assholes. thx

Sell it to him and try to find something that doesn't need any work right away. No matter if its completely stock or fixed up.

Sent from my fuckin iPad

I'd keep it and fix it myself for that very satisfaction that you did it yourself :IMO:

I'd keep it and fix it myself for that very satisfaction that you did it yourself :IMO:

What if he doesn't have the money to fix everything and shit keeps on breaking and he just pores more money into it? Not worth it :imo: I did that with my dmax. When I was working at a tire shop all MY checks were going into it to fix this and fix that. WAS NOT MY PARENTS MONEY. Wasn't worth it at all.

Sent from my fuckin iPad

yeah, part of me wants to keep it and fix it for the satisfaction of saying I fixed it but a part of me wants to get rid of it before I'm too far in to it to ever sell it. That's exactly what happened to my brother with his first truck (the white 97 z71). he has over 15k in it and cant even get 6k back.

It depends how much needs to be done, i certainly not 15 grand to fix it.....if you have a rusty frame rent a sandblaster and have a friend who can weld throw some plates on the weak spots... rockers are obviously going to be expensive but once you replace em you dont have to worry about them again. what exactly is wrong with it?

(all stated above.)

brakes, alignment- truck pulls to the right when braking, need to flush the lines, I've hit a few to many curbs :rofl:

rust work- mostly just surface rust but truck was in Ohio and Virginia most of it's life so there's alot

needs re-geared and tune- original owner put on 33's without any other modifications or having it tuned for the bigger tires. Also has some "rear-end slap" :naughty: but srs..

motor is still making a weird noise-(kinda think it's an exhaust leak but I know some of the manifold bolts will snap when I try to pull them off) COULD BE SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT

A/C work-needs heater blend door actuator. I THINK this is the reason I'm not getting much air flow. seems to be stuck on defrost which makes sense as it has seen a lot of cold winters... Also needs the system charged, doesn't blow very cold. dad says it should get down to atleast 36* and mine only gets down to about 55* (dad is commercial a/c guy so he knows his shit)

also needs a good bit of paint work and if I kept this truck, I'd end up painting the whole thing a different color which is obviously a big project and not that cheap. but also not as important as the things that effect the drivability.

Last edited:
not bad man dont sell because of small ass things. recharging ac? shit i have some in my garage ill give you at shreve meet. most ac can be fixed for cheap unless its a big part. yours sounds electrical or something cheap. rust work can be done. Take the bed off.

Do the brakes, charge the ac, sell those ugly ass rims and tars, get it aligned wherever you get your new tires, charge ac, shut the hell up

20130703_195608_zpsffc4f3b0.jpg

20130703_195247_zpsed012116.jpg

IMG_20130628_191701_zpsd358097c.jpg

20130703_195520_zps69cc1775.jpg

20130703_195318_zpsbe24bfb9.jpg

20130703_195417_zpsfb7324b3.jpg
20130703_195345_zpsd6ba90c9.jpg

20130703_195557_zps3f72b3bc.jpg

20130703_195547_zpsda785725.jpg

20130703_195509_zpsfee7f4ce.jpg

Yep, I'm selling it. hate to see my first truck go so soon but damn she's a bitch. lol. Brother is going to buy a 2005 Dmax tomorrow and I'm buying his truck. (his has the 6hoe in it)

576123_4055997898875_1567052938_n.jpg

i would do what you are doing and since its your brothers truck you know what needs to be fixed and what has already been done to the truck !! congrats on the new truck

Congrats man. I miss my first truck a lot but hey, they got better and better as I got another one lol

Sent from Tapashit

he never re-geared it but he bought it already lifted so previous owner may have. I'll just have to see one day. I'd definitely regear it if it wasn't already. he gets 11-13 city currently and I get 12 city so I'm good as far as that goes :rofl: