My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

went ahead and yolo'd. 55w 8000K HID's in the lows and fogs. I'll get night pics tonight

20140601_163903_HDR_zpshax3uc8y.jpg

Sylvania Silverstar on the left, new HID's on the right

20140601_143925_zpssnlyizdo.jpg

Summer plans...
-33x12.50x20 toyos on the preds
-55w 8000k low beam HID's DONE
-55w 8000k fog light HID's DONE
-35% shield tint
-get rid of tow mirrors and put dl3's back on DONE
-c/m grille moldings, top valence, handles, mirrors
-34" light bar behind grille DONE
-line-x

Last edited:
lol yeah. it's all good. the fog light ballasts are good but I need to mount the low beam ballasts a little better.

dey're akshollee wyte. (surprisingly). I may get 6000k bulbs though because the fogs are a little blue, not bad at all.

Inb4 "I flashed a cop with my light bar and got a ticket" comments

:cheeky:

Oh, and you should 'yolo' and buy a lift.

couldn't get a good picture but here's a better idea of the color output

20140601_205407_HDR_zpsl8omic71.jpg

20140601_205443_zpsszdeoops.jpg

Notice the slightly bluer fogs, although they hadn't fully warmed up. My brother has this same set on his Duramax and they got whiter after about a week so I'm not too worried right now.

20140601_205432_LLS_zpssp7xz5bb.jpg

(closer to the lows)

On another note, the truck started squealing again tonight, think it's the a/c belt tensioner now. I'm going to replace that tomorrow or the next day and hope it sounds better.

wut why? bro has had no problems and had them on for over 2 months

NNBS's housings get fried really bad by HIDs apparently. My buddy has one and the backside/mounting hole was MELTED not to mention the chrome reflector was all fogged. NBS's don't have that problem. Had the same set of HIDs in mine for 2 years, never took them out with no issues. Dipped one side down in some water and finally killed a bulb, when I put the new set in, the housing was just fine.

Btw, I had 8000ks in mine and they weren't overly blue either