My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

I can't stand cleaning these every other day when it rains for a week or two on and off and once winter comes it gets shitty. Also, I will be in Nebraska for a week and a half at the end of the month then Oklahoma for a week in December. Ol' girl is going to get some miles stacked this winter. dnw these rims to get the winter abuse because once it gets less than 50* outside, I will not clean them as much as I do now.

I can't stand cleaning these every other day when it rains for a week or two on and off and once winter comes it gets shitty. Also, I will be in Nebraska for a week and a half at the end of the month then Oklahoma for a week in December. Ol' girl is going to get some miles stacked this winter. dnw these rims to get the winter abuse because once it gets less than 50* outside, I will not clean them as much as I do now.

Get some Adams quick sealant and don't worry as much

Sent from Buck Tooth Betty

I'm in that mood of ready to give up if I can't start modding like I want soon. I made a mistake buying these tires but hear me out... I want to get some oem 20's for these falken at's for the winter and set the preds aside until the spring. I'm tired of being leveled and really miss being up in the air so in the spring I want to get a 6" lift (either FabTech or McGaughy's) and 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/T's. SO, over the winter I want to do the performance/drivetrain mods/repairs and once the weather gets better, I will start the cosmetic mods/repairs. When I sold the 2500, I had planned to set back $8000 for saving and allow myself $8500 for mods. UNFORTUNATLEY, I never saw the money from the 2500. Since the truck was in my brother's name still, the check went to him. He put it in his account and transferred it to my parents. Anyways, Hopefully I can get my hands on the money soon and start ordering because I'm bored with it right now.

I hear ya on the cleaning part, but its well worth my time to keep the truck and preds clean.

I've been bored with mine for almost 2 years, so don't feel too bad :lol:

I get bored sometimes too but I know I'm keeping that truck for a long time too so eventually I'll have the money to do what I want. Dude you are young, younger then me atleast and for a young lad you have a pretty sweet truck

Who gives a god damn fucking shit where his money came from? I would have been fucking ecstatic if my parent's had the means to buy me something nice!

Thanks Cody for cleaning this up before I noticed it. Don't whore up build threads. If you have an issue pm the member.

I am cleaning this up some more because I don't want all the bs in here! If you have a problem, pm me, DO NOT continue any arguments or non-related crap!

Last edited:
have 3.73's now. What would I need to change to?

4.56s put you back into the stock feeling range. 4.56/35s feel about like 3.73/285s. Me personally, I'd do 4.88/35s so the truck has a little more ass to get moving. And its only a couple extra hundred rpms on the highway

Sent from Tapatwat

4.56s put you back into the stock feeling range. 4.56/35s feel about like 3.73/285s. Me personally, I'd do 4.88/35s so the truck has a little more ass to get moving. And its only a couple extra hundred rpms on the highway

Sent from Tapatwat

I'm running about 2100 rpm at 65 mph iirc. I'll check again today

edit*
I remember seeing a post on ig from a guy who was running 37's and 4.88's and it ripped his tcase from the trans and fucked up his whole drivetrain

:scared:

Last edited:
I'm running about 2100 rpm at 65 mph iirc. I'll check again today

edit*
I remember seeing a post on ig from a guy who was running 37's and 4.88's and it ripped his tcase from the trans and fucked up his whole drivetrain

:scared:

Lol that's all in driving style. Half ton drivetrain isn't meant to turn 37+ tires no matter the gear. It can be done, sure, but it won't hold up forever and if you're hard on it it's gonna break. You'll be fine on 35s

4.88/35s will actually be easier on the truck than 4.56/35s because of mechanical advantage. 3.73/35s is like trying to get a stuck bolt off with a 6" ratchet, 4.88/35s is like using a breaker bar on an already loose bolt.

Sent from Tapatwat

Lol that's all in driving style. Half ton drivetrain isn't meant to turn 37+ tires no matter the gear. It can be done, sure, but it won't hold up forever and if you're hard on it it's gonna break. You'll be fine on 35s

4.88/35s will actually be easier on the truck than 4.56/35s because of mechanical advantage. 3.73/35s is like trying to get a stuck bolt off with a 6" ratchet, 4.88/35s is like using a breaker bar on an already loose bolt.

Sent from Tapatwat

thanks for making that easier for me to understand :rofljest:

I have 3.42 and 35's. Throwing just over 2k at 70 and I can still peel rubber

But I'm tuned lol

Sent from Tony's bathroom