My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

trying to decide on a new muffler once I do lt's. I'd like to keep it fairly quiet but flow good. 3" in/out and si/so is a must. And because I know xr-1 will be suggested, I don't like how raspy they sound. Kinda like the sound of my 18" magnaflow but I'm in for a change.

I found a shop to do the y pipe so I will be ordering the Speed engineering headers, 3" high flow converters, 2 v band clamps for the header-y pipe, and a muffler.

will have exhaust run over the axle and dumped at a little less than 45 with a 4 inch tip, in place of the spare tire.

I thought about doing a cutout but truck isn't cammed so would be le gay

Last edited:
Try one of the big oval magbaflows. My buddy just put one on his tahoe and it sounds good, nice and deep but quiet at cruise. And def do a 5" tip, that's what I've got and it's perfect IMO

You're gonna want larger than a 4i nch tip. Aeroturbine, dynomox bullet and dynatech split flow
I really don't want a tip at all but I think it would be retarded looking to have the pipe just end without a tip. Gonna look for videos of mentioned mufflers and ponder.

I haz aero on 4.hate greggg has one on 6.hoe another guy on here with a maroon gmc nbs has the dynatech split flow. Also check out craven exhaust they might be my next muffler

I really don't want a tip at all but I think it would be retarded looking to have the pipe just end without a tip. Gonna look for videos of mentioned mufflers and ponder.
Oh you need a tip, it'll definitely look retarded without it. You saw the pics of mine right? Just do something like that so it looks nice and finished, but you can't see it unless you're down low looking for it. And it sounds nicer with a tip IMO

I haz aero on 4.hate greggg has one on 6.hoe another guy on here with a maroon gmc nbs has the dynatech split flow. Also check out craven exhaust they might be my next muffler

Been seeing them on Insta, thought about ordering one but wasn't sure, plus I've always wanted an XR1 on something lol

Yeah but I believe they got deleted. It's really not hard to figure it out though imo. Just bolt some flat strap to the arch piece of the core support and you should be able to bolt the light bar to it. In my case, I had to make a "L" shaped piece on each end to bring the light bar out some to clear the trans cooler. Took maybe 30 minutes to fab