My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

Do you feel the clunk in the steering wheel when you turn? If so that's probably it
Yeahh. Is it hard to replace?

Just bought some of the Frost King insulation to put in my truck when I do the system. How'd you like it and did you ever put more layers on? I'm just wondering if I should buy more and double up in certain areas or if one layer will be plenty to quieten the road noise and keep things from vibrating much

Dewwot. I doubled up the peel n seal on the roof. Single layer of rattletrap on the back wall. Cant really say either way on the noise yet as I need to still insulate the floor before I can tell a difference imo.

Oh ok. I just remembered us talking about that and was curious. Thanks tho, I'm gonna do whole cab 'cept the roof and will report back.

Intermediate shaft shouldn't be hard. Might wanna try taking yours apart and greasing it first. Several guys have said that eliminates their clunk for a while

I still have my new ISS in the garage after like 3 years lol, I just haven't gotten around to doing it. Biggest thing with that is making sure the wheel stays straight.

There is a bearing at the lower end of the ISS that you can grease to see if it helps the clunk.

IMO, if you're gonna go in there, might as well replace the ISS + bearing and be done.

Is the bearing what goes out? I dont see how a shaft could go bad unless it's the u joints or some other mechanical component inside. Idk lol.

:shake: I looked up how to "grease" it and did that for now. No more clunking. hope it will last a while. probably gonna go ahead and order both of those along with hd ps pump this check.

Chris beat me to it :shake: Never heard about doing the bearing tho, good to know. It shouldn't be hard to do when it's time to replace tho A-ron. My truck is starting to do this ever so slightly every once in a while

Got new RF Prime door speakers a few days ago from amazon with harnesses for $83 shipped. Hng. Finally put them in this evening. Double hngg. Finna cut dem pypez off and move pods m8. Lst crunch?