My first truck! 04 Chevro...no wait...yes...no...wait..

Mine's 06 with drums already but I'm doing those ^ powerstop rotors with ceramic pads and ceramic shoes out back with stainless lines. Mine stops fine right now but with the 20s and 33s I could def use some more brake

Sup twats

I did front powerstop calipers powdered red for an 05 silverado with rear drums (bigger front brakes) and drilled/slotted powerstop rotors up front.
For the rear I did 05 2wd Tahoe calipers (dual piston) with drilled/slotted powerstop rotors.

Used generic brake best ceramic pads at oreillys (damn good pads)
I also did stainless steel brake lines all around by Russell.
Brakes are bamf, stops way better than before
How much all that shat run you?

It's aboot time to do my front pads and rotors. I'm down like Bobby brown for some bamf rotors and calipers.
Hook it up with a link

Since you're gonna be running such huge fucking wheels and tires you need a real upgrade. Like Wilwoods or Baers. At least get the Baer +1 14 or 15" rotor kit

It's aboot time to do my front pads and rotors. I'm down like Bobby brown for some bamf rotors and calipers.
Hook it up with a link

There's not really any good how-to's on it.. I went to Power Stop | Extreme Performance Brake Systems and got part numbers for everything I needed then ordered the parts from amazon.
For the front calipers and rotors I did an 05 Silverado and click on the option "with rear drums"
For the rears I used 2wd Tahoe calipers and rotors. I believe there is a difference in 4x4 rotors, so make sure u match the rotors to calipers.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Since you're gonna be running such huge fucking wheels and tires you need a real upgrade. Like Wilwoods or Baers. At least get the Baer +1 14 or 15" rotor kit

Bruh, he's talking about his silverado. There ain't no 05+ brake upgrades for powerstrokes lol

Sup twats

I did front powerstop calipers powdered red for an 05 silverado with rear drums (bigger front brakes) and drilled/slotted powerstop rotors up front.
For the rear I did 05 2wd Tahoe calipers (dual piston) with drilled/slotted powerstop rotors.

Used generic brake best ceramic pads at oreillys (damn good pads)
I also did stainless steel brake lines all around by Russell.
Brakes are bamf, stops way better than before

Glad you chimed in..

Would those be the same front calipers as what I have now? Did you notice any brake dust with those pads? And any rust form on those rotors(pad surface and on the edges)? Also, would those same rear calipers bolt up to my truck? Sorry for the fuck bomb of questions.. didn't realize how little I know about brakes until today lolz.

Glad you chimed in..

Would those be the same front calipers as what I have now? Did you notice any brake dust with those pads? And any rust form on those rotors(pad surface and on the edges)? Also, would those same rear calipers bolt up to my truck? Sorry for the fuck bomb of questions.. didn't realize how little I know about brakes until today lolz.

I'm in the same boat as Kyle. I also did the 330mm 05/06/07 front setup (must have drum rear) & Tahoe aluminum dual piston rears. I used perfect stop premium calipers/rotors/pads. Been perfect, still no rust, no grooves, and no pulsating. original lines (unfortunately). Stops noticeably better than OEM

Your truck will have the smaller front brakes (310 mm IIRC).

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Ever thought about lifting ur truck (6" RCX or whatever), running it @ 5", and running ur 20x10 Peds & 33" Toyos, and add 1.5"/2.5" spacers?

Would be BAMF stance, until you recouped some $$ for X12/X14s

Idk how you want to run X14's lifted though, that would be like 9" sticking out past the fender without flares on the front...

Glad you chimed in..

No, 05-07c have larger rotors which require 17"+ wheels. Those along with the Tahoe dual piston rears and good lines are an awesome upgrade. That's my plan once I sell the 16s at some point.

Glad you chimed in..

Nope. Bigger calipers. No brake dust. No rust. Yes SUV calipers bolt up.

Ever thought about lifting ur truck (6" RCX or whatever), running it @ 5", and running ur 20x10 Peds & 33" Toyos, and add 1.5"/2.5" spacers?

Would be BAMF stance, until you recouped some $$ for X12/X14s

Idk how you want to run X14's lifted though, that would be like 9" sticking out past the fender without flares on the front...

Idk. Just dreaming I guess. hell I might do 4/6 on 22s. I can never make up my mind.
the suv calipers should fit in the stock 16" wheels iirc
05 tahoe 2wd rear calipers, right?
In the back, yeah. When you do the 05+ front upgrade, no.
So what's different about the front with this 05+ upgrade?

Idk. Just dreaming I guess. hell I might do 4/6 on 22s. I can never make up my mind.

05 tahoe 2wd rear calipers, right?

So what's different about the front with this 05+ upgrade?

I got calipers off a 2003 Tahoe 5.3L, 4x4. 2wd & 4wd are different part #'s. No idea the difference.

And 05+ is 26mm larger (304mm on 03/04, 330 mm on 05+), larger pads also.

PLZ DONT lower your truck. What the gay