Marc new LBZ sort of a Build thread

i do have a 1500 bumper cap laying around ...maybe ill get it painted first

do i just have to get 1500 bumper mounts to move the bumper up ?

you switch the bumper cap, the bolts under the grill part of the bumper you stack washers on, and the side support brackets you unbolt and flip the sides so they mount higher, or you can unbolt where they go on the frame get it where you want it, and put a new hole in the frame.

you switch the bumper cap, the bolts under the grill part of the bumper you stack washers on, and the side support brackets you unbolt and flip the sides so they mount higher, or you can unbolt where they go on the frame get it where you want it, and put a new hole in the frame.

ahh ok thanks ill take it with me when i move but i dono if i like the look :shrug: look awkward to me on a 2500hd

meh ill take it with and see what i do ....more worried about the 6 year old tune in my truck

He could have just had the speed limiter removed.

Only way to really tell is flash a stock tune back on and feel how much slower it is lol.

If you had a V2 you could do some logging and see the fueling commands, desired boost, etc.

Really I wouldn't be worried about the tune. If it hasn't fucked the truck up in 6 years it's probably some tow tune and fine. If you are worried about it get a new tune from IdahoRob or Danville. If you know someone with EFIlive I can send you one of my tunes if you can figure out your OS so I can get a stock file and modify it to your wants/needs too. Or build you a DSP5 tune if you want to spend 40 bucks on a switch and 120 on a license for whoevers EFILive V2 you use.

:fliptable: i know brandon has EFI live but i am leaving for BC on the 17th.....so i doubt he has time one night to try upload a tune or figure out how to get DSP5 in my truck...

and what is OS ? i am assuming its the lock code for the tune ?

and DFW DSP5 !!

i have money for all the stuff so if i can do it cheaper now i would :okay:

Last edited:
what tune did it pull?

it has no governor.... so that's tuned off and my brother says it has a lot more power then any stock Duramax he has driven and he owns one and they have 6 at his work

but who knows :shrug:

:fliptable: i know brandon has EFI live but i am leaving for BC on the 17th.....so i doubt he has time one night to try upload a tune or figure out how to get DSP5 in my truck...

and what is OS ? i am assuming its the lock code for the tune ?

and DFW DSP5 !!

i have money for all the stuff so if i can do it cheaper now i would :okay:

Well I can build you a tune.... if Brandon can pull your file off your truck I could return it to stock, learn the OS then build you a mild tune or DSP5 tune and Brandon could lock it to his V2 and flash it on for you if he feels kind.

Vin license is 125 USD
DSP5 switch is 40 USD from Duramax Tuner

Well I can build you a tune.... if Brandon can pull your file off your truck I could return it to stock, learn the OS then build you a mild tune or DSP5 tune and Brandon could lock it to his V2 and flash it on for you if he feels kind.

Vin license is 125 USD
DSP5 switch is 40 USD from Duramax Tuner

i texted brandon but i am sure he just doesn't feel like it he has been way to kind already

but if he gets back to me ill let you know and would so appreciate this deal instead of paying 950 eventually

well tune is happening next week

blocked EGR

and yes my temperamental #3 glow plug randomly turns off and on :shrug: will get it checked out eventually ,it was gone for 2 weeks till today :facepalm:

Doing a glow plug get it warm then spray it with PB Blaster do that a couple of times and be very careful unscrewing it.

Hey homer PM me back. That P0401 either means you blocked your EGR or your egr cooler is blocked from soot.

I need to know what tire size you want. I also disabled that P0401 so it will still show up but not throw a light.

Also your DTC's were all fucked to hell and maybe that's why your glow plug code was going nuts.