Le slicksierra build thread

This looks great Matt.

I need to get my bitch rollin' so I can do this. I'm going to copy you now.
My rear window is pretty damn dark already though.
Thanks man! I'm gonna see how it looks at night. My rear window could be darker it's right around 15 I believe
Makes me want to rip my 50 off my shield and have 35 done now

Sent from Tapashit
Do et honestly I'm glad I went with 35 but I think you can do lighter with and ec or cc with tint all around and have similar results. The regular cab just makes it so much lighter imo
Looks great sir.

Love having 35 on the shield
Thank you and yes I'm glad I went with 35 too
ill take the 50 on the shield
If you darken your other Windows it would look good

No.. I have etx cab and 5 on all windows including 5 over factory rears and a 5 brow and you can't even tell my shiel is tinted with 50. I hate it. Waste of money imo.

Sent from Tapashit

a2395c8805ce956283365dede161415d.jpg

35% is the way to go

• Driverside esky handle (41u) DONE
  • Painted panels DONE
  • Painted tailgate bezel and handle (41u) DONE
  • Painted mirrors (41u)
  • Chrome rear bumper DONE
  • New W/T grille
  • Denali projectors DONE
  • Clear parking lights DONE
  • Upper bumper pad DONE
  • NNBS tailgate cap DONE
  • Rear wheel linersDONE
  • Windshield tint DONE
  • Frame paint

Almost done with the original exterior appearance list. Retrofit parts are in the mail. Def need to do something about reverse lights I have Cree projectors in 3157 but I need more. Frame has to get painted at some point but the rear liners have put that on hold cause they do a good job of covering the rear frame.

Gonna have to slow the mods down for the fall since I'm in school and money is tight but I'd like to

Get a new grille
Retro headlights-SHIPPED
Aux reverse lights

And maybe some simple stuff for the interior like LED cluster and Denali handles and maybe billet knobs but idk.

Also toying with the idea of power windows and door lock actuators and some decent seat covers to make it a little more DD friendly. That kinda thing never bothered me when I was 17 but now crank windows are a pita

Last edited:
Also gotta get some decent pics of my 80%ish correction. No swirls left but I have a lot of deeper scratches that the DA couldn't touch. Any suggestions besides wet sanding?

Leave them alone. My truck is the same way, has lots of deep cratches, but you buff over them and make it all shiny again most people will never notice unless looking specifically for those scratches

Power conversion is super easy for you being a 99-02 truck. Literally just plug and play. I'd need to flash the bcm, get the whole dash harness, or use 99-02 panels and run all my own wiring.

Leave them alone. My truck is the same way, has lots of deep cratches, but you buff over them and make it all shiny again most people will never notice unless looking specifically for those scratches

Yeah I know my truck looks great now all polished and sealed up. But just the fact that they are there bothers me.

Power conversion is super easy for you being a 99-02 truck. Literally just plug and play. I'd need to flash the bcm, get the whole dash harness, or use 99-02 panels and run all my own wiring.

I would do aftermarket. DNW to tear apart whole interior. Would use this kit for windows
A1 Electric Online Store: Power Window Kit for 99-06 Chevy/GMC C Series Pickup by Electric Life
Just gotta figure low key mount for switches. Probably push button 4x4 cubby slot since I have manual t case

Please don't get plugs. The swap isn't bad at all. I've looked into it and researched what needs to be done and you can do it relatively cheap. Plus, you'll have to take the panels off and shit anyway for the aftermarket kit, why not just go oem for that clean look.

Please don't get plugs. The swap isn't bad at all. I've looked into it and researched what needs to be done and you can do it relatively cheap. Plus, you'll have to take the panels off and shit anyway for the aftermarket kit, why not just go oem for that clean look.
No I know what you mean but I'm not messing with own harness and reflash and all that bs but I see what your saying about the door panels I would like oem switch panel location