Le slicksierra build thread

Photos are from today's install I the lowering shackles install went pretty smoothly besides one bolt other than that it was a easy mod. No squeaks no creaks either. Love the look too, just don't mind the dirty pics haha

Sent from my potato

Last edited:
4.8's respond so well to a turbo
Sent from my b hole

Exactly why I'm shit canning a 370 build and going boost at some point. Why rip out a good motor when you can see how long is takes to blow it to pieces :rofl:

Looks good Matt! Subtle but good. Do hangers next and decrank for a 2-3/4 :imo:

Thanks I love it too, it really takes a keen eye to notice but I think it looks great. When its time for new tires, I will loose the toolbox, new wheels pull rear block instead of hangers and decrank front. So I will be at stockish/2 up front and 4 out back. Really think a 2/4 will look good on some 285/50/20 with a pinch of negative offset :cheeky:

Last edited:
Probably gonna do the same thing. My offset 18's that are flush with the flares rub like a motherfucker as it is, so when I decrank I'm sure I'll be a rolling dubstep track but :idgaf:

And by rub I mean at full lock left turn backing into the driveway lol.

Probably gonna do the same thing. My offset 18's that are flush with the flares rub like a motherfucker as it is, so when I decrank I'm sure I'll be a rolling dubstep track but :idgaf:

And by rub I mean at full lock left turn backing into the driveway lol.

Looks so good though low with negative offset. I'm not talking much maybe like -25 or less

Sent from my potato

Bump this finally got my exhaust complete by putting the tip on today. I went to ginger for it to be welded but since it's 3" OD tailpipe to 3" ID tip neither end was flared for one side to slide over the other so I went to advanced auto in town and picked up a flat band clamp to get it on. Well that didn't work either. The flat clamp would tighten onto the tip but not the pipe.

So I dug up an extra clamp I had from the from the rest of the exhaust install which was flared. I guess the angle or the way the tailpipe was shaped allowed the flared clamp to fully tighten down onto the tip and pipe. Any way enough with all the yackin here are some quick filthy pics haha

All the exhaust use to be stainless but I'm gonna need to strip it down and polish it after this rough winter frame needs paint too haha

Sent from my potato

Last edited:
Cleaned up the truck this weekend while I was home. Winter really hammered the paint. Needs a full polish so bad so that's what I'll be looking at next.

3B253852-3E61-49DE-ABEC-25D2527049A9_zpscxx1nkm1.jpg

BB164FC4-2420-4B6A-B8BB-16125F513D48_zpsulzhigrf.jpg

Also installed my SLP shifter with the race trok knob

0BA4DFF2-C4FC-4CB4-B511-A908C05BD792_zpsc2efrgaa.jpg

Feels nice shifts great but seems to let a little more gear noise through. Probably because the stock one is rubberish plastic.

Sent from my potato

Yeah I noticed more gear noise as well with mine. Looks much better than the stock one that's for sure.

A little gear noise is worth the better shifts, I took the isolators out of my shifter so it wouldn't be sloppy anymore even tho it makes alot more noise.

Now, straighten that ball :crazy:

Sent from TapaTwat