Khaos' Red ECSB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I actually drive my lowered truck lol, just did this past weekend. It's too much fun to not drive it.

And the trans doesn't slip or anything, but I'm just conscious of the higher miles and likely past abuse lol

Alright guys, so I'm on the hunt for tires and have a couple options to choose from and a couple questions too. I'll throw up rough installed prices and sizes and go from there. Currently have 265/70-17 Nitto Terra's on there that I don't mind.

265 Terra's installed at local mavis ~$780
265 STT's ~$1010
285 STT's ~$1090

If going with STT's, I'd probably just go with 285's for a little bit more. Now I also am considering some MT Claws just because they're sexy AF. I found some on ebay and roughly came up with $1230 installed for 305/65-17 aka 33x12.5.

My questions with the claws are: They're recommended for a 9" wide wheel, would my stock 17s be too narrow for them and would they balloon up? Also, I'd probably have to trim a decent amount if I don't get a set of keys, and probably if I got keys too.

What would you guys do? Stick with the same tire and wait to upgrade when wheels are affordable? Or upgrade to something else?

Also, any pics of an nbs with 17s and claws are mucho obliged.

These are 33's on 16x8s. Not too bad, but I think stock 17s are only 7" wide IIRC??

side.jpg

rear.jpg

Edit: Stock 17s are 7.5 wide from what I've read. So the ballooning would be similar.

Just pm'd someone on the other site about a set of keys and front Bilsteins for $150. If I can snag them fo cheap I may just go the claws route..

Last edited:
Yeah, stocks are 7.5" wide. I had 295 trails on mine that measured 12" wide and they looked and wore great. Out of your choices, I'd personally go with 285 STTs if you're staying with stock wheels. The claws would be sexy if you had an aftermarket wheel, but they look a tad odd on stockers IMO. Of course, you could go ahead on the claws and upgrade wheels a little later

Yeah, stocks are 7.5" wide. I had 295 trails on mine that measured 12" wide and they looked and wore great. Out of your choices, I'd personally go with 285 STTs if you're staying with stock wheels. The claws would be sexy if you had an aftermarket wheel, but they look a tad odd on stockers IMO. Of course, you could go ahead on the claws and upgrade wheels a little later

Honestly right now it's between the 285s and claws. If I did claws I'd search for a set of 17x10 welds to throw them on at some point :datass:

need to find me some claws to run 20x10's now. be part of the northeast claw crew.

Don't make them in anything larger than a 17 brand new anymore :read:

Oorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy 17x9 polished Raceline Renegades for $147/wheel from RimzOne instead of $1300 for Welds :rofl:

It seriously took so much will power after seeing the Racelines at that price to not click buy right now :crazy:

If your gonna get tires, get rims first. That way you can run a wider tire. I run 17x9 and 305/65r17 on my rclb, same height as a 285, but much wider

null_zps09ed0a4a.jpg

Oorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr buy 17x9 polished Raceline Renegades for $147/wheel from RimzOne instead of $1300 for Welds :rofl:

It seriously took so much will power after seeing the Racelines at that price to not click buy right now :crazy:

I saw summit is discontinuing Rennegades was hoping they weren't going to quit making them.

If your gonna get tires, get rims first. That way you can run a wider tire. I run 17x9 and 305/65r17 on my rclb, same height as a 285, but much wider

null_zps09ed0a4a.jpg

And that's just leveling keys and a block with shocks right? That would be the same setup if I went with claws. Looks like a good size

I saw summit is discontinuing Rennegades was hoping they weren't going to quit making them.

I love the Renegades but didn't suggest cuz I figured you were set on x10s. They're definitely awesome looking wheels, if the offset sticks them out enough. I almost bought 18x10s for my truck. I checked last night and Summit still has them, at least for now

Honestly right now it's between the 285s and claws. If I did claws I'd search for a set of 17x10 welds to throw them on at some point :datass:

Don't make them in anything larger than a 17 brand new anymore :read:
Damn I've been thinking about putting claws on my 17 inch welds on my truck

Claws are so good looking, I'd def do it!

The thing holding me back is saving money for rcsb motor build. Gotta decide what I wanna do in the next few weeks.

If raceline made those in a 17x10 that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.