Khaos' RCSB Thread

Soooooooooo I'm tossing around the idea of keeping the SSS 20s :laugh: Just looked at all the pics I had of static trucks on them and they look great. And I've kind of narrowed down my tire choices too. Either way, I will be putting tires on one set of 20x8.5 oem wheels. With that being said, here's what I came up with:

Continental Extreme Condition DWS
275/40-20, 28.7" tall, 9.5" rim width, $265ea

Hanook Ventus V12 EVO K110
275/40-20, 28.7" tall, 9.5" rim width, $210ea

Nitto 420S
Front 255/40-20 28" tall, 9.0" rim width, $200ea
Rear 285/40-20 28.94" tall, 10" rim width, $226ea

Or just run the same size for the fronts out back. My question is will I have any issues with those 285s out back if I go that route, specifically clearance wise on a 8.5" rim? Goals are to maybe hit up a few track days and I would prefer a wider tire out back if possible....not a deciding factor though.

Thanks for any input

Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

keep them, they will look great on your truck..I would run the same size tire so they can be rotated but that's just me
Just keep your 16s and get a set of drag radials for them to throw on the rear for track runs imo

keep them, they will look great on your truck..I would run the same size tire so they can be rotated but that's just me
Just keep your 16s and get a set of drag radials for them to throw on the rear for track runs imo

My thoughts exactly...

Re: Khaos' 2004 GMC RCSB Thread

I doubt it'll see a ton of track time right now, but just forward thinking ya know? So same size tires all around.

Maybe pick up two more 16s and put some DRs on them seeing as the tires on here now are new... :hmm:

I'm obviously undecided still haha, just thinking out loud.

Yea it shouldn't be hard to find someone selling 2 16s or maybe even a whole set if they are really cheap..I see a lot of stock Tahoe/silvy from 99-02 16s sell pretty cheap

Yeah I'm sure I can find a cheap set. I'd like to keep the 17s too but that is a bit excessive I think lol.

Changed the plugs today. I did them last summer but put in cheap ones to just get it done. Mike @ MJE recommended the NGK TR6 plugs so I got a set off of him. I had been getting random missfire codes occassionally ever since I seafoamed the truck last summer, so I assumed a plug (or more than one) was the culprit. They didn't look fouled at all after I got them out, but oh well, ar least I have quality plugs in there now.

Was also looking at short throw shifters from Core last night after reading some threads on pt.net. That is probably gonna be my next purchase besides tires for the 20s.

I ordered a set of led lights to use as backup lights, just waiting on them to get here so I can see where I should put them.

Yup 4.8 liters of fury. :crazy:

Pretty sure the TR6 plugs can be used in the 5.3s too, just check NGKs website

What did the NGKs run ya? I can get a set of factory AC Delcos from a friend for like $35.

What did the NGKs run ya? I can get a set of factory AC Delcos from a friend for like $35.

$35 through Mike when I got my tune done.

dude, get tr5's tr6's are a colder plug and work better with NO2

Bought them off his recommendation lol. I'm not concerned that they're a step colder. Plus by the time I'm ready to add mo powa I'll be switching them again

I thought copper core plugs were a bad idea with our coil packs, I had heard they burn out really quick?

23670DEC-6D3C-4474-8D9A-EE98269C5E8C-14081-000008D5F1115514_zps9c273e96.jpg

:cheeky: