ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

Truck looks awesome. So clean needs forces now :imo:
this is from 6-25
Ordered Rims!

American Force INDEPENDENCE SS8 22X12
american-force-independence-ss8-22x12_zps64ace8e2.jpg

:up:
Fucking NAILED IT :fuckyeah:

Looks like getting the rims made from 2 sets of cores are going to take about 5+ weeks.
Going to give vendor a call today and confirm.

No rush though... going to take me some time to get the lift and driveline in.
Might install the pump rub kit I have from Merchant with the extra 'down' time.

[Edit] I'll also check out the TransGo SK Allison-Jr Shift Kit (TGSK2)... maybe get that into place.
No need to have it built yet.

Last edited:
Looks like getting the rims made from 2 sets of cores are going to take about 5+ weeks.
Going to give vendor a call today and confirm.

No rush though... going to take me some time to get the lift and driveline in.
Might install the pump rub kit I have from Merchant with the extra 'down' time.

[Edit] I'll also check out the TransGo SK Allison-Jr Shift Kit (TGSK2)... maybe get that into place.
No need to have it built yet.

Wheels and tires are going to look sweet! You made the perfect choice imo

And I've installed the transgo jr. in a 6 speed, just make sure you take your time, as a few parts are confusing. Read lots of how to's from different forums also. It's pretty straightforward to pull the valve body off however. I'd recommend it if you plan on dding any power to your truck through tuning.

decide on tires?

Yah total list of goodies ordered
- Cognito 4-6" Lift Kit [CLKP-1004.2]
- Cognito Driveline 3194-9800
- 4 American Force Independence SS8 Polished 22x12 Rims
- 4 Toyo Open Country M/T 35x12.50R22

Wheels and tires are going to look sweet! You made the perfect choice imo

And I've installed the transgo jr. in a 6 speed, just make sure you take your time, as a few parts are confusing. Read lots of how to's from different forums also. It's pretty straightforward to pull the valve body off however. I'd recommend it if you plan on dding any power to your truck through tuning.

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I watched a couple of you tube's on it but will definitely research it a bit more.

Also on the choice -I had a lot of great feedback. I couldn't go with a much larger lift + tires without worrying about storing it outside. It would be a tight fit in Le Garage. I love big trucks, don't get me wrong.. but I just thought it would be 'too much' for my truck and look I was trying to achieve. So it ended up not being lifted as much as a few others here, and I chose the 35" over the 37"s, but I think it will look great.

Last edited:
Are you going to have the lift powdered? If I were you, I'd do like Corny and use the time waiting for wheels to tear down the stock suspension and clean up the frame and lay some protection so that once your lift is ready you can throw it on a clean frame.

You really don't see much on the cognito 4" kit anyways, my cousin has one, and if you don't know what you're looking for it just looks like a cranked truck