Huck's new daily - Victory Red '05 CCSSB

Truck's coming along great! Sorry the Atoto didn't work out for you. What's odd is I don't have any issues that you're describing with the on in my 06 Caddy, so maybe it's something with the specific model you ended up with.
Thanks buddy! No worries, it's always a gamble with off brand stuff. I have a buddy here that's got a different Atoto from yours or mine in his '70 C10 and loves it too. I ordered a Pioneer last night lol

TL:DR - Almost convinced myself to do a 4/6 drop but decided I'd rather spend that money on a regear and I'm gonna continue on the level/bodylift path.

I have a verbal deal on some LTZ 20s (Vmax, Texas Editions, whatever you wanna call them) that have been listed for over a month, 10min from me. I low balled the hell out of them and they said we could meet Sunday 🤘

LTZs.webp

The tires are no good so I've really been racking my brain trying to decide which route to go on this truck. All my trucks have always been leveled except for my Yukon (now Brian's), so I've been debating dropping it 3/5 or 4/6. Probably wouldn't go 5/7 just cuz I don't wanna deal with crossmember mods/2pc shaft conversion. So I started scouring the web and the old GMFS archives, ran across these two that nearly convinced me...

colormatched red 06.webp

Bgray victory red LTZs.webp

Until I added everything up and remembered my Yukon only ever got ~14mpg lol. I'd have ~$1200-1400 in the drop kit and still have shitty 3.42 gears and wouldn't be able to do the offroad stuff when needed (not often but the need is there). 2/4 looks like doo doo on a CCSB so I guess I'll just go ahead and start gathering parts for the regear instead, that'd be better money spent. Plus the gov-bomb made a bad sound yesterday turning a corner, so I think a Yukon Duragrip and some 4.88s are in my near future. Maybe someday I'll change it up and drop it but not now

Picked up the wheels yesterday. Didn't realize they had 37x12.50s on them, them's some heavy sumbitches lol. Tire size will depend on how long I can resist the urge to get them on. If I can wait till I regear, I'll throw some keys in and run 33x12.50s, 305/55s, 285/65s, 295/60s, 295/65s or something like that. If I can't wait and run across a deal, 275/55s or 275/60s would be ok for now

IMG_7653SMALL.webp

IMG_7654SMALL.webp

Was sitting on the couch last night around 9 looking at that last picture and went "wait a minute". Scrolled through my phone and went "I think I bought my old wheels back". Not many people around here would go through the trouble of getting decals made to match the truck, so there's a damn good chance these are my old ones :eek:

NBS TRENDZ.webp