Fiesty's 2000 Silverado

Do you have rust on the insides of the doors, like where the seals on the excab doors rub against the cab? Cause my truck is rubbed to bare metal in some spots from opening and closing the doors a lot. But no rust here!!

i had new rockers put on mine, full replacements on both sides and painted. 1500 bucks

im gonna get my one bed side re sprayed. then the only thing i really want to paint is a HD hood if i can find one

I think I'm gonna have new ones put in then have the rockers line-x'd red. Not to the body line, just the rockers. Getting new ones put in should be a couple hundred and then line-x I imagine would be around 300-400?

depends, i have a guy that does body work in his garage under the table so i got mine cheap, any other body ship its prolly 1500 before paint. lol

Yeah my body guy is extremely cheap. He just rents out a little garage and paints on the side. He painted and re-installed my bed, and smoothed and painted everything I have color matched for like $700 :success:

Picking up another 01-02 HD hood tomorrow as well as a 2500HD cluster with trans temp from a local truck being parted. I might throw a red overlay on it as well as some white LEDs.

picture.php

Heres how I had my rockers done on my 04, just did it with duplicolor since my truck was black and held up great for a couple years drining a lot of gravel. I just did it right below the doors.

picture.php

Heres how I had my rockers done on my 04, just did it with duplicolor since my truck was black and held up great for a couple years drining a lot of gravel. I just did it right below the doors.
That's exactly what I wanna do, but red line-x. Thanks!
Damn I need to befriend a bump & paint guy bad....
It has it's perks. My guy's downfall is he is REALLY slow. My little color matching pieces here and there or small project get taken over by his big stuff that make him more money. It takes him a while but I'm not bitching because of his good work and prices.

That's exactly what I wanna do, but red line-x. Thanks!

Not a problem, I think it might have been Riggs that was asking me about it a while back on the other site. If I had a different color truck I would have gone with Line-X but since it was black I got away with rattle can bed liner.

Picked up a trans temp cluster for $50 tonight. Took it apart and was playing with it. I went ahead and cleared the needles.. Probably gonna paint them white like the Denali has. Should I paint the whole needle white? Or just the backside so light can travel through it?
Also gonna do white LEDs. Should I do 360 led bulbs or? I don't want hot spots.

[/URL

I'd paint them so light can pass through, easier to see when it's illuminated. And use an led strip, it all but eliminates the hot spots

Nice! You gonna bother resetting the mileage?
And definitely paint just the backs so light can pass through!

Can't tell but is that overlay the regular black, or is it Denali grey? I've been looking for just the grey overlay alone for years but never found one for reasonable cost.

Can still use strips in conjunction with bulbs. Just connect the wires to the little metal clips on the bulbs. Thats how I have my footwell lights wired in

I'd paint them so light can pass through, easier to see when it's illuminated. And use an led strip, it all but eliminates the hot spots

chris, he has the 00-02 cluster, he can change the bulbs only, not like us with soidering.
Link to strip instructions?
Nice! You gonna bother resetting the mileage?
And definitely paint just the backs so light can pass through!

Can't tell but is that overlay the regular black, or is it Denali grey? I've been looking for just the grey overlay alone for years but never found one for reasonable cost.
I haven't messed with mileage. Not sure If I wanna set it to the miles on my new motor or miles on the body. Who can do this for a reasonable price? I don't wanna gut my old one to take the mileage stuff outta it. This one is black. Is there any way to remove the clear shield from the bezel to paint it like a Denali?

Can still use strips in conjunction with bulbs. Just connect the wires to the little metal clips on the bulbs. Thats how I have my footwell lights wired in
Linky plz

No linky brah just test and check. Theres two thin metal connection on 194 bulbs one is ground and one is power just loop the strip wires around those connections and it should light up! If it don't then switch the wires!