Dakota's build thread

Already one of my favorites aswell

Yea that dented gate was just to hold me over until I got this on..my stock gate got messed up late last year when I took it off to shave it lol

Ahh yes I remember now, hopefully ill get mine done one of these days, alot more will happen to the truck now that I landed a bad ass job, getting low again ASAP, hopefully with quality parts ill be happy this time

A roll up won't work because you need to open the gate and release the latch in order to roll the cover up. Think you'd be alright with a roll n lock

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Like a roll n lock or extang type? Both should work with the shaved gate.
I was just talking about the roll up vinyl ones..but those would be nice if I was ballin lol
I just want something that sits flush
A roll up won't work because you need to open the gate and release the latch in order to roll the cover up. Think you'd be alright with a roll n lock

Yea thats what I was thinking

Snap covers are the worst things ever lol I know it prolly won't be an issue for you Dakota, but in the cold they're almost impossible to close because the vinyl shrinks. But even if your in the warm all the time.. Do you really want to unsnap/snap every single one of those buttons? Eehhhhhhh

No need to undo ALL of the buttons, just one or two to get you hand through and drop the tailgate. I had on on the Chevy for a while when I first got it and had no issues. Only reason I got rid of it was it wasn't white and offered zero security.

Yea I may look into it..if I can get one cheap enough I may just do it, gonna start looking for a tailgate handle lock so nobody steals this bitch haha

Hose clamp over the mount on the bottom passenger side. Will slow them down trying to get it off.

Hmm so thats why that clamp was there :rofl: james had it on there, didnt even think about that, I just tightened it down when I put the gate on haha