Alecks' hopes and dreams thread.

DDM HIDs are shitty as fuck. A ballast ALREADY went out, and the pair of bulbs are NOWHERE near the same color. But that's just more reason to stop cheaping out on parts and get some Morimotos

I've had Morimoto's in my car for a year now and they are awesome. I used to run DDM until their quality really went down the shitter ~2 years ago.

I've had Morimoto's in my car for a year now and they are awesome. I used to run DDM until their quality really went down the shitter ~2 years ago.

They're alright....but the ballasts are really fidgety..

Figidy how? And how true is the color of them? I'm probably getting ddm for ss because cheap w/ life warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Warranty takes too long to go through with considering you have to send in a broken part, wait for it to ship to them in china, then wait another 2 weeks for the new part to get to you. 4 weeks of downtime isn't exactly ideal. Especially having to pay for shipping also. Color is almost 6000kish, but I don't think they've "broken in" yet

Definitely not getting DDM HIDs anymore, gonna try VVME. Heard some pretty good things about them, and they're really cheap also

Yeah good point :shake: i km hear mixed things about ddm. Some are great, some are terrible, but most say they shit the bed in quality the last few years

I'll check out them other ones as well. Even a 2yr warranty is good, let's see if I can even keep a truck that long lol

Yeah good point :shake: i km hear mixed things about ddm. Some are great, some are terrible, but most say they shit the bed in quality the last few years

I'll check out them other ones as well. Even a 2yr warranty is good, let's see if I can even keep a truck that long lol

Dat sierra needs to go.... ready to see the mods for the SS to commence

Oh and one of my ballasts is just really touchy. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it does. There's a short somewhere, but I can't find it and I don't know what to do about it besides just mess with it everytime it goes out, until it comes back on

Update: may be in a new truck soon; but if that doesn't go right for me, plans now are for now exhaust (12" bullet and 5" tip) and 4.30 gears + in-person tune and dyno

Weird, I've had really good luck with DDM HID stuff. Actually my ballasts are DDM and they are firing the Morimoto bulbs now. Ive had them in the truck for.....almost 4 years now.

Weird, I've had really good luck with DDM HID stuff. Actually my ballasts are DDM and they are firing the Morimoto bulbs now. Ive had them in the truck for.....almost 4 years now.

I've come to think it's actually the cheap relay harness I've been using. I'll try replacing that first over anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4