81 C10 swb

You know my vote :crazy: My buddy found me an LQ4 with wiring harness in ATL, guy's asking $600. I'm not at that point yet or have a place to put it for now unfortunately or I'd scoop that up. Just keep your eye out, you'll find ya a good deal. I'm open to 5.3s too considering the OOBSs are relatively light plus the 5.3s already got more power than the stock 350. I'd love to find an aluminum L33 5.3. But either way, bearings, rings, seals, cam, bam done

^Scoop that 6L and flip it if you can't store it imo.

And another vote for old school on the outside, new school inside.

:cheeky: you gaiz really know how to sway my thoughts lol. I know the truck isn't too heavy so a cammed 6L would fucking roll out hard.

Sent from my b hole

I'm torn. I can't decide if I want to do a carbed 350 or a 5.3 or an LQ9.

Sent from my b hole

Carb :imo: hard to beat the look of a super clean engine bay

ST-1104-COVER2-02-KS-475x316.jpg

Thanks huck, great thread!!

Sent from my b hole

:shake: Yeah man. I stumbled on it this morning, the way he did it doesn't look too bad at all. All that amount of wiring scares me a little, but I'm still going that route. Just gonna take lots and lots of time

Carb :imo: hard to beat the look of a super clean engine bay

ST-1104-COVER2-02-KS-475x316.jpg

I tried talking my buddy out of his carb'd LS swap into his 95, he went ahead with it, and has now decided to go back to FI. Carb can seem "easier", but I've read people have issues with it. Hopefully I can have him chime in.