2013 Sierra 6.2 4x4 thread

What can I use on my stock parts to take off the rust? I want to store it all up just hadn't had time yet to clean it all up till now. If I ever go back level I'm going to PC my stock knuckles, U bolts, and block. If I go Fts 4" ill do the Ucas, spacer and skid plate to but if I just put my tgc 2.5" back on ill leave it black. But I want to clean it all up so when I'd go to prep them for PC all te rust n shit will be off

u6eva8av.jpg

Sent from Tapashit

Someone had told me I could soak it in diesel...? Lol idk if that would work or not

Sent from Tapashit

no diesel doesn't remove rust, just keeps it from rusting further, terrible idea though

Use a wire wheel on a grinder is the best or sandblasting is even better

sweet, thanks yall! might just try and "clean" them and store it thn when i find a sandblast place around here ill do that. Only other update is i put a 6" antenna on but thats about it for now. Funds are kinda low again so im not ordering anything else till i have money for my tune

sa6epada.jpg

Now you're thinking about fts 4''? You're ridiculous

That would be IF I ever went level. Not anytime soon. Just trying to get my stock stuff set up to put away.

Why do you need to prep them for powder coat? They will sand blast off any prep work you've done...

I didn't know. It would've just been to make it easier on them but if they gunna do it anyway I won't worry about it. Ill just try to sand some of the rust off the surface and wrap them in an old t-shirt or something.

Thank you lol
Y
Could be one of the best looking NNBS GMC if you spent more time on working with what you got and not changing it every 5 min.

ATM I'm saving for clears and switchbacks. But I really need a tune so idk which one to get first. Mpgs is killin me. And my 4 hour trip to Shreveport is gunna horrible with it goin in and out of gear. Hopefully a tune will help a little bit

Sent from my fuckin iPad

A tune will help it, so would gears. Have you looked into having the pinion leak fixed? Before you do cosmetic things you should get it running properly with no leaks and no issues