Important!: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT build thread!

Idk if you've said, but what are your plans for the truck once the G8 is done? Got a timeline on the G8 getting done?

I was referring to his red truck.

I'm lifting it back up as soon as I get a free weekend. 4/6 at least. Then may list it again. I want to get out of it and into a cheaper dd. My wife may be trading her car in for something newer and more enjoyable to drive.

Car may be done next weekend. Really all I need is my tune and to finish the motor. We left my windage tray at the shop by mistake at the hot tank.

11088547_10204900925181326_4055044795839070511_n.jpg

Pat G tune ordered

because it comes with the autocal...it isn't just for a tune, considering dyno tuners want $500 here, $650 with autocal and 3 retunes is a good deal...of course, that's my opinion and I have been debating my tune for well over 3 months!

Ask Blackbear how much his is. I believe it was $500, and then went up some. BBP is good, but Pat G knows the G8 cars REALLY well, as he owns one and modded it heavily and is well respected on many forums. The only other tuners I was going to consider is Rick Crawford, and his communication sucks and he is always backlogged, Futral motors in Louisiana, but they couldn't give me a solid answer. First I was told it had to be in person, then now they said they can do email tunes, but never got me a solid reply. The local two guys Sam Miller and James Karger are either a pain in the ass to reach, or prices tend to change frequently. I decided this was my bet route.

Last edited:
You should see Subaru ProTune pricing :suicide:

Typically 4-500 plus a Cobb accessport which is 650.

Good thing I have a buddy who works for Cobb...I can get a killer deal on a build! They got a nice GT-R in there right now, and a Pontiac Solstice :turborofl:

Good thing I have a buddy who works for Cobb...I can get a killer deal on a build! They got a nice GT-R in there right now, and a Pontiac Solstice :turborofl:
Yeah, too bad he didn't get back to you when I was looking for parts :slorg:

Interested in what they're doing with the Pontiac lolol

Yeah, you said you were buying parts from a local guy used or something.

Yeah, shop is about 35 minutes from my house, and 5 minutes from my shop. Buddy lives 15 minutes from me, that's where my car is...and that dope truck!

Yeah, you said you were buying parts from a local guy used or something.

Yeah, shop is about 35 minutes from my house, and 5 minutes from my shop. Buddy lives 15 minutes from me, that's where my car is...and that dope truck!
:nice:

And yeah, I remember that convo now :roflfp: