1999 GMC Sierra 2wd Build thread. (What's left)

020628e8f9ec6a4b9ef3e151a3d01c6b.jpg

Starting throwing the P0171 and P0174 codes today. Snugged up the vacuum lines, Intake was loose, codes still remain but not running as rough. I guess it's about time to replace the MAF anyways though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ed239b4675e720c1216c91abbb21d225.jpg

Mounting panels come in today. Unless my paint guy has something come up, should be done by end of next week.

I almost want to buy a set just to have in case I might possibly ever have a gmc lol

I almost would man lol. They come and go way too much. Idk I just hate how they are cheap after market shit. I prefer the oem cleared heads because if you seal worth a fuck at all you'll be golden

Hows the quality on those all clear gmc lights? I keep thinking about getting a set to retro cause my denali lights stick out too much with the hd hood

Hows the quality on those all clear gmc lights? I keep thinking about getting a set to retro cause my denali lights stick out too much with the hd hood

Not real impressive to me man. Pretty cheap shit. I just some times like the frosty reflector look

Id buy them just for the reflector to swap into oem lights, but im not made of money lol

Me either.. Lol money's been right lately. But damn, not a bad idea... I mean, the eBay clears I have now, the plastic backs are messed up anyhow.

I know Matt and Sam by me swapped the reflector into an oem light, I wonder if the lens fits close enough that you could swap the clear lens and reflector, but use the superior oem headlight back which has better chrome and stronger mounting?

I'm sure you could. Honestly, I'd be curious to see a oem headlight lense and all with the frosty looking lense. My buddy about 3 years ago did it except he took the material from a lighting fixture from a school. You know the flat plastic covers? He cut it out and made it fit, looked similar let me dig up a picture

b8ca89771d00a9e4527fdcaf7e80f487.jpg

5e0af513470236c41f2ca8bd574f15a8.jpg

Just posting this for reference lol. It's hilarious to me, he literally used a piece of that light covering as the "reflector". Sealed up you couldn't even tell it was that.

Well damn, got the wrong picture lol.. Now I can't seem to find it. Oh well. *shrugs* you get the idea.

Umm never heard that sound before lol,

Those lights are cool, I've seen other guys use light reflector too. But I like the aftermarket ones more because the low beam lens is clear too and not fluted like oem lights are.