07 classic vmax build thread

I'm assuming your truck is a DD? Do you let it warm up EVERY time you cold start? Or just one of those drivers who had the trans in D already before the starter is done spinning, haha... cuz I'm sure that will make a difference in valve spring life.

I let it warm up. And yes it's my DD. Never let it get over 3k till it hits operating temp. They springs had 18k miles on them though.. And with xer lobes

Sent from Tapashit

Well shit, I used the pac 1218's cause at the time comp springs were getting a bad rep. How often are you suppose to change them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With xer lobes I was told 10-15k but I forgot about em lol and they broke. Just change them around 15k and they should be fine. Went to Brian tooley springs. The quality and customer service is next to none.

Sent from Tapashit

That's why I haz baby cam and corvette springs lol.

But I had to call another person to help torque my crank bolt back on too, where's the videos of this thing rippin the tires off? :cheeky:

That's why I haz baby cam and corvette springs lol.

But I had to call another person to help torque my crank bolt back on too, where's the videos of this thing rippin the tires off? :cheeky:

He don't have enough balls for that :trolldance:

Sent from Tapashit

DNW to have to change springs more than once lol

It's really not that bad of a job at all. I even made my own tool to do it instead of buying one, worked fine.

Id love to see that video. ..

I need a tune so bad. No way in hell id be able to even chirp these 305s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yeah my pos won't even break loose my 285 toyos, I need a tb converter asap

There will be a video in the next few days.. Getting new tires :cheeky;

Sent from Tapashit

I'll be waiting....

got truck back together, now haz lifter tick :tableflip: thinking it will go away once I drive it more. we will see

May not be helpful but I have stock lifter tick on cold start and warm start but after a few minutes of driving it goes away completely

May not be helpful but I have stock lifter tick on cold start and warm start but after a few minutes of driving it goes away completely

That's probably piston slap. Completely normal lol. Mine doesn't go away. Gonna pull the valve cover and check everything, then spray carb cleaner on the suspected lifters then run seafoam in the oil should fix it lol

Sent from Tapashit

Every 10kish miles, depends a lot on what lobes you have, Ryan has xe-r which are super aggressive and wear out the springs really fast. Pac1218 are good springs you just have to change them. Ryan didn't. It's a PITA but that's what you have to do, or get duals.

Sent from my Refrigerator

Every 10kish miles, depends a lot on what lobes you have, Ryan has xe-r which are super aggressive and wear out the springs really fast. Pac1218 are good springs you just have to change them. Ryan didn't. It's a PITA but that's what you have to do, or get duals.

Sent from my Refrigerator

We have ready established this

Sent from Tapashit