01 Sierra Build

Ordered red polyurethane bushings for the leaf springs and pressed out the stock bushings today. I will indefinitely be PC'ing the leaf springs alternating between candy red and chrome PC. Some more parts should be in tomorrow from PC, so I will be posting some more pics.

My PC guy JUST called me and told me his temp controller for his oven broke and the replacement they sent him is also junk. He hopes to have it functional again this weekend, so I guess I won't have any parts tomorrow to take pics of. :shrug:

Control arm bushings and leaf spring bushings came in today. Found some 315/75r16 tires I might pick up to throw on, until I can get 35/22's...

Got the frame stripped and painted the other night...

IMAGE_1E979FB4-6468-4AAE-893C-F4A61BA8C07A.JPG

IMAGE_0BBE6454-1198-4641-AB1A-6AF87A0E04BC.JPG

IMAGE_D1F0233A-C171-4303-972E-8EC1F9B06826.JPG

I was told to use diesel fuel to strip it, but I used aircraft remover and a gasket scraping tool. I used Krylon dual paint (primer and paint in one), which kellyzz recommended to me.

All I have to do yet before teardown is get 4.88s for the rear (on backorder), Cogntio upper balljoints and lift keys...

PC guy txt'd me a little bit ago and said he got his oven fixed. He has been working on my parts all weekend and has most of the chrome done. He should have some parts done for me this Tuesday. :pepper:

Got a few parts back today. It's not the highly reflective "chrome" I was hoping for. He said that PC fish-eyes too much, if it's too close to the element in the oven, that is why he used this other "chrome".

It looks more like a high gloss aluminum pc, but it still looks good, so I am not worried about it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here is the candy red pic again, just to compare.

red.jpg