00silvy's official 2000 Silverado Build thread

depends on the style of the oem wheel. my oems were ugly lol

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

and how much all said and done did your lift run you?

yea I agree, not all OEM's are good looking. I like alot of the 17's and 20's though.

And with the lift, with kicker braces & steering stabilizer, coil overs, coil over mounts, 2 different rear blocks, alignment, and supplies for the garage when I did it, a little over $2000

I would love to reduce the amount of miles that I put on this truck. Ideally, I'll buy a older diesel when I go work on a pipeline and park this one in my parents garage.

damn a little to high for my taste.

ill have to measure my fenders see how high i am compared to you.

The difference between my fender height and yours, is I can go up 6" in tire/suspension adjustment lol. But was around $2200 with everything including the $6 here, $8 there for tools/lost a socket, etc.... I replaced a bunch of front end parts in that too (CVs, hubs, idler & bracket, sway bar bushings, lower ball joints)

i dont drive enough to need coils lol, my commute to work is 1/4 mile lol

Well I put 1000 (yes one thousand) miles on my truck since oct 22nd sooo

i used to do the same thing when i was your age.

we you work a full time job, and its not far from where you live, the amount of miles goes down

I would love to reduce the amount of miles that I put on this truck. Ideally, I'll buy a older diesel when I go work on a pipeline and park this one in my parents garage.

I used to put like 2000 miles on my truck per month.. Now, its gotten 1 full tank in a month and a half lmao

Well, I got the 2.5" rear spacers, and 1.5" front spacers installed. Loctited (blue) the rears and torqued everything due to width. Trac width isn't perfect, but I can live with less than an inch difference.

:yuno: use red rocktite

I've never heard of rocktite :lolwut:

For something that shouldn't really moved when torqued to 120 ft. ibs, I only need blue, as it holds well, but can come off a little easier.

once you get it alligned they will look closer

Yea I thought so, all my camber settings are from when it was cranked, so almost maxed out, positive haha.