Welsh907's winter build

ru7u5u2u.jpg

ze7e5ymu.jpg

tureru8e.jpg

tagurebu.jpg

y7anapyb.jpg

Gonna finish up the notches, maybe install the kp shit.... Maybe...

I recommend removing the rear leaf spring bolts before cutting the frame from between your notch to releave all that weight. I've frames get tweaked from leaving it all attached.

I recommend removing the rear leaf spring bolts before cutting the frame from between your notch to releave all that weight. I've frames get tweaked from leaving it all attached.

I did. I got both notches welded. Removed the rear diff and leafs and then cut the passenger side and manages to break my sawzall in half....
8ady8e7y.jpg

Then got the passenger kp shit done for the most part.
vurybyta.jpg

Coming along! :) I'm assuming you'll eventually throw on some paint/undercoating to freshen up the look of the frame by the time it's all finished up back there? :)

Thanks guys. Yeah it surprised me when I was holding the handle and the sawzall was still in the frame.

Yeah I'll do some cleaning and do some kind of prep. Nothing fancy because ill be driving the hell out of this.

Literally ran a victory lap around the shop when the rear laid.
Front is on hold still until the bushings from EKMW get here.
Plans for tomorrow are to raise the tranny cross member and finish the front if it gets here...
umyme7uz.jpg

y8e5usa8.jpg

4e8eveju.jpg

Yeah I'll do some cleaning and do some kind of prep. Nothing fancy because ill be driving the hell out of this.

I hear ya man. I'd suggest investing in some Por15. The stuff is tough as nails and spreads easy on the frame and looks great.

I hear ya man. I'd suggest investing in some Por15. The stuff is tough as nails and spreads easy on the frame and looks great.

I've heard about that stuff. Seems pretty nice.what do you apply it with? A brush? You said spreads easily so I'm assuming brush.

Got the truck loaded up and on its way home today.
nypa8y5e.jpg

ebe4ugem.jpg

a9abe8yt.jpg

More updates
Accuair elevel and ilevel is here
esuqu5ej.jpg

EKMW kit is installed and gets great lift with the dominator 2600's
una5epu5.jpg

Her first time seeing snow
yna2e4yv.jpg

Tranny crossmember sectioned and shortened
dy5a2use.jpg

Temporary driveshaft loop
u3yheryr.jpg

Final result of the rear. Still needs clean up and POR 15
udupy8up.jpg

0 psi
yza7ega9.jpg

110 psi
va2ujy4y.jpg

Finally laid out on 24's
aja7u2e5.jpg

Proud owner
ubatebys.jpg

7upujena.jpg

Loooong to do list, good luck

Thanks man. I did get lucky with two things, one, that all the shit I have to do, at least most of it, is just work, and doesn't cost much.
Only expensive things I have to buy that I don't have is the hydro boost that I'm getting today, the EDC, narrowing the rear diff, and dynamat or some other sound deadener for the floor.

Got lucky with one thing. A friend is going to bed doing all the body work on my bed once I get everything welded in.

I've heard about that stuff. Seems pretty nice.what do you apply it with? A brush? You said spreads easily so I'm assuming brush.

Spray or brush. It dries smooth either way so I just brushed mine when doing my 77

Spray or brush. It dries smooth either way so I just brushed mine when doing my 77

Sweet. Thanks. :shake:

Got some progress made today. Bought hydro booster for $80 and am picking up the pedal and lines for $60 tomorrow. I think it's a good deal :shrug:
dajy4yzy.jpg

Ran around a lot today and picked up sheetmetal for the body drop and did my bridge. Reminds me of a severed ties logo. Still gonna add the front one too.
petehypa.jpg

e6e6u9y2.jpg

qeva3equ.jpg

Got the booster and brake pedal in last night. Going to pick up a power steering pump today and hopefully get the brakes done today.

That brake pedal is a pain in the ass