Welsh907's winter build

u made those brackets? cuz they look alot like the ones they sell :think:

I made them out of 16 gauge with a plasma and a bat. They're home made. I'll take some pics when I go outside again.

The place I took those pics is an old abandoned military barrack that is located in whittier, AK, which is only accessible by boat or car every hour through a $12 tunnel.

I personally can't sleep with light, moving into the city screwed me up for months. I ended up taping cardboard to windows. Second option was shooting out street lights with 22LR.

Hahaha yes, and they are all definitely special.

It has been high 70's to low 80's, so I took this week off. Lol

I just have really good drapes in my room.

pros and cons to living up there. LOVE the north. Float fishing up there is unreal.

^Definitely. Along with the hunting, snowmachining, camping etc. Some things can get old though, October-January usually sucks because its dark, cold, and there isnt enough snow to ride

Edit: Its definitely for the outdoor-type person. Its not for alot of people

Usually a float trip is getting dropped of with a raft/gear by a bush plane and floating a river then getting picked up farther down a couple days later. You can hunt/fish/hide dead bodies

^Definitely. Along with the hunting, snowmachining, camping etc. Some things can get old though, October-January usually sucks because its dark, cold, and there isnt enough snow to ride

Edit: Its definitely for the outdoor-type person. Its not for alot of people

Tis why u visit! I want a at least a 28' 5th wheel and once I feel comfortable and full setup, it's the first trip I'm taking. Head there in there in late spring for 3-4 weeks. watch the stars, fish, camp, drink and smoke a ton of pot.

Dafuq is float fishing? Is that what you canucks call fishing from a boat?

:faceplam:

Usually a float trip is getting dropped of with a raft/gear by a bush plane and floating a river then getting picked up farther down a couple days later. You can hunt/fish/hide dead bodies

da fuck u talking about? :fulloffuck:

What u described there sir is a "Fly In" fishing trip.

float fishing is typically a 13+' light action rod, fly reel and 6-8lb mono tied to a float with 4lb fluorocarbon leader. It's awesome fighting a 15+lb salmon for 2 hours on 4lb line. The massive rod helps take tension off the line and allows u to have complete control, the definition of finesse fishing. U "float" your rig threw rapids and current hoping a trout eats your tasty bait. Biggest fish landed was 39" spawned out coho which was caught in my old back yard before the ex and I split.

setup after float:

low_water_floatfishing_steelhead.jpg

actually went fishing monday with my float rod, spinning reel, spinners and 6lb test and caught a 9lb male at the mouth on a very well know trout river. Opening day around here is NUTZ 100's of guys with $15,000 easy of gear show up to fish a few short miles of river. Literally shoulder to shoulder.

Last edited:
That makes more sense to me since I don't fish. Only time I catch fish is on sale. :rofl: