Static NNBS (GMT-900 07-13)

South Louisiana guy...
evyvapap.jpg

Ok guys I'm looking for some feedback. Just picked up a new truck and I'm considering 4/6. What are the best components out there for this? I really liked the 2" belltech drop struts I had on my crew cab... are the belltech spindles good? No awful bumpsteer with these like the mcgaughys ones have? For the back which flip kit/hanger lift is the best? How close is 6" gonna bring my frame to the rear axle? Recommended shocks for the back?

This is gonna be my dd so I'd like to keep the ride quality as nice as possible while still getting the low I want :)

2013 5.3/6L80E 4x4 with dyno tuned tvs1900

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have all belltech components. Front is 2" spindles, struts at 2" and camber bushings. Rear is a flip with lift hanger set at 6" with street performance shocks. I have no bumpsteer and it rides like stock. One of the RCSB guys will chime in, but I think you can go 7 and be ok with no notch.

Ok guys I'm looking for some feedback. Just picked up a new truck and I'm considering 4/6. What are the best components out there for this? I really liked the 2" belltech drop struts I had on my crew cab... are the belltech spindles good? No awful bumpsteer with these like the mcgaughys ones have? For the back which flip kit/hanger lift is the best? How close is 6" gonna bring my frame to the rear axle? Recommended shocks for the back?

This is gonna be my dd so I'd like to keep the ride quality as nice as possible while still getting the low I want :)

2013 5.3/6L80E 4x4 with dyno tuned tvs1900

Nice truck, jealous of the drivetrain on it :crazy:

I've heard good things about the drop struts and if you already tried them and liked them I'd go with them. I personally don't mind my McG spindles and don't think they are bad, I think most of the problems with them are with the NBS ones and not the 07+ but also with that being said my old roommate had belltech spindles on his crewcab before he sold it and didn't have any complaints.

For the back, Ive never messed with any hangers as 100% of my friends have just went all out with a 7" flip. With 6" in the back you shouldn't have anything to worry about in a single cab NNBS, I'm at 7" in the rear and only bottom out with a big load in the back or if I hit large potholes/dips in the road at a decent speed and don't have to worry about a notch. Shocks will be 6 for one and half a dozen for the other. Again, I can only speak from personal experience....I had monroe air shocks and they were either too soft and I constantly bottomed out or they were so stiff my rear bounced all over the road, couldn't find a comfortable medium with them so I switched to belltech sp shocks and they've treated me fine, are there better out there? I'm sure but not unless you want to spend plenty of money, for what I spent I am more than happy with the belltech rear shocks.

I have all belltech components. Front is 2" spindles, struts at 2" and camber bushings. Rear is a flip with lift hanger set at 6" with street performance shocks. I have no bumpsteer and it rides like stock. One of the RCSB guys will chime in, but I think you can go 7 and be ok with no notch.
Ok so are thr camber bushings a belltech component? I assume this helps with alignment?
Did you do shorter sway bar end links?

Nice truck, jealous of the drivetrain on it :crazy:

I've heard good things about the drop struts and if you already tried them and liked them I'd go with them. I personally don't mind my McG spindles and don't think they are bad, I think most of the problems with them are with the NBS ones and not the 07+ but also with that being said my old roommate had belltech spindles on his crewcab before he sold it and didn't have any complaints.

For the back, Ive never messed with any hangers as 100% of my friends have just went all out with a 7" flip. With 6" in the back you shouldn't have anything to worry about in a single cab NNBS, I'm at 7" in the rear and only bottom out with a big load in the back or if I hit large potholes/dips in the road at a decent speed and don't have to worry about a notch. Shocks will be 6 for one and half a dozen for the other. Again, I can only speak from personal experience....I had monroe air shocks and they were either too soft and I constantly bottomed out or they were so stiff my rear bounced all over the road, couldn't find a comfortable medium with them so I switched to belltech sp shocks and they've treated me fine, are there better out there? I'm sure but not unless you want to spend plenty of money, for what I spent I am more than happy with the belltech rear shocks.
Thanks for the awesome feedback dude!
Ya I wasn't sure if the problems carried over with the mcgaughys spindles or not... I just know I want to avoid them if they did lol. I think it was in the nbs static thread on gmfs those guys say its a result of the tie rod ends not being parallel to the ground that causes that.

I'll most likely need the trans spacer as well I assume since I'd be going that low?

Yes the bushings are a belltech part, they came with my kit. I have the part number if you need to buy them separately. I used stock swaybar links, they work just fine. I also have the belltech trans spacer, the 2wd came with my kit but I called them and they sent out a 4wd one free of charge.